Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Shopping Our Stash is going "Outta this World"

Looking for my Clear it Out post scroll down or click HERE.

Shopping Our Stash is going "Outta this World" and they want you to use (Aliens - most monstahs would work here). Alternate challenge for those alien-free crafters: Something celestial - moon, stars, planets, etc. So I'm really one of those Alien-free crafters, then again I'm not too big on something celestial but I managed to fins an super cute free image on Pinterest.





I coloured my alien with copics and fussy cut (I said a few words too) popped him up on some paper, layered on silver then on a black base. I used the dots I had made with the mini pony beads and the smaller ones from perler beads. Paper glaze added to his eyes and antenna. 






Close up look at the alien.


I used an already punched label that was a leftover from last weeks crafting

I had two images printed to make this challenge with and I wasn't sure I was going to post the second one but I wanted to make a tag with it and give it to hubby for a bookmark. He usually has several books on the go and always needs another book mark. I used an image from Sweet Pea Stamps created by Courtney McAnsh to the moon and back. 


The black tag was spritzed with glitter spray



Thanks for visiting today and gather up those alien, monsters or moon and stars and enter in the challenge, just remember to check out the rules and see which theme the other members of the design team have done.

5 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

LOVE the monstah image! And your Perler bead dots came out way better than mine ever did.

That bookmark is perfect! It's nice the DH uses them and doesn't just fold down the corner of the page (horrors!)

lauren bergold said...

omg, YES, i bet there were some colorful words involved in fussycutting that guy! yowza! worth it, tho, so totally FUN!!! ♥

Lindsey said...

Both of these are awesome, Barb! That is a great alien you found, especially the way you coloured him and (ugh!) cut him out. The candy dots make a perfect sky! And such a classy bookmark, another great image.

Tracy said...

Both of your projects are so fun.
I love the dots you made…I tried to make them once and they turned out to be burnt donuts, lol

Chris Dring said...

I'm sure I'd be saying some choice words cutting out that alien, especially it's antennae! And what a cool looking alien it is! Your homemade dots look fabulous!