Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Challenge #218 at Shopping Our Stash is ~~ Mirror Mirror

If you were celebrating Labour day I hope it was a beautiful long  weekend for you. I know the U.S and Canada celebrate and hubby and I celebrated our 55th anniversary, we went for dinner tonight at The Erie Beach Hotel in the Cove room. It was great, our server brought us each a dish of icecream with a candle in it, how fab. was that. The head server came over and chatted with us too, we have spent quite a few anniversaries having dinner there, the best thing is the salad cart that comes to your table, cucumbers in sour cream, cabbage salad, pickled beets, a horseradish salad, pickled pumpkin and lots more.  Oh yes and now on to the challenge!!! At Shopping  Our Stash this week it's Mirror Mirror we want you to use something reflective on your project, the shinier the better. I had a fabulous idea I wanted to use the shimmer sheets and try a new technique alas the shimmer sheets are MIA and I didn't have enough time to give a good look for them either. Here is what I finally ended up making.



The sun had passed the perfect point for my picture I hope you can see the shine on the poinsettia. the reflective cardstock I bought many years ago at Dollarama, there is red, green and gold in the package and I really liked it as I found 4 packages in my stash. The embossing folder is from a winter pack and the poinsettia is cut with a Boss Cutz die. I coloured the pearls yellow with a copic marker and added rhinestones for more sparkle.


I elevated the poinsettia and this shows the shine better.


This is the inside of the card, I added a smaller flower and I would deem this card a hand deliver only, it's a bit heavy and certainly won't go through the slot template at the post office.

I would like to enter this in:

Jingle Belles challenge  tic tac two I chose the center vertical line Bling, Diecuts, Snow. (the snow is the snowflakes on the embossing folder) hope I'm not stretching it too far.

Thanks for stopping by today and please join Shopping Our Stash for the Mirror, Mirror challenge.

9 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

LOOOVE that poinsettia! And of course you love that reflective paper (you bought four, after all). :)

Happy Anniversary! 55 years - WOW!

lauren bergold said...

HOLY WOW 55 years??!?!? i am kind of freaking out (inna good way, lol) that our 30th wedding anniversary is later this month, but suddenly i feel like a relative newlywed, lol! CONGRATS, that is wonderful!!!

meanwhile, this is a CORKER of a card, both for the SOS shiny shiny aspect and also for our JINGLE BELLES bingo hijinks! you really hit this one on every level missus! ♥♥♥

Donna said...

Great minds do think alike!! That or we have all the same stuff, which is entirely possible. This is super fab! I must find a poinsettia die!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, and wow! Happy Anniversary - 55 years! Fantastic and such a great reason to celebrate! Your card is stunning! Love that mirror paper - yup, I've got some of that from Dollarama too! That poinsettia die cut is beautiful and I love the embossing folder you used! Gorgeous card!

Tracy said...

Such a beautiful card!!!
Love the shimmer paper you used for the poinsettia
Happy Anniversary!!!!

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... that mirror paper created a gorgeous flower ... so very glad you joined our game of tic-tac-toe at jingle belles.

Lindsey said...

Wow, just wow. So pretty, Barb! Perfect embellishments, but that poinsettia really steals the show.

Chris Dring said...

Absolutely stunning card, Barb! LOVE how shiny that poinsettia is! And again, congratulations on 55 years of wedded bliss!

Jessi Fogan said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! I'm so glad you had a great day together :)
This card is stunning - the shine on that poinsettia, just WOW!