Saturday, September 19, 2015

P is for Punk ~~ Steam Punk that is!!!

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers  new challenge is P is for Punk ~~ Steam Punk, I know there are a lot of steam punk fans out there, here not so much a fan. I struggle everytime I have to do one for a challenge. I have all kinds of embellishments (at home) so here at the cottage I had to improvise. I used a Steam Punk image from Lacy Sunshine stamps I won from one of their challenges and I picked it because I knew it would come in handy one day.


I used a vanilla card base, added some patterned paper that I thought looked kinda punky? the lace at the top is a peel and stick I bought at the dollar store. the clock face is real, hubby had one that didn't work so had him take it apart for crafting. 


One of my friends had a profile picture and I sort of copied the colours from it. I added rhinestones to the three small watch cogs.


More of the patterned paper and a Birthday sentiment,

Thanks for visiting today and if you love Steam Punk even if you don't just make a project and enter it an our Snarky Sister's Challenge Blog.

9 comments:

Donna said...

I love that you used an ACTUAL clock on your card!! You keep saying you don't do steampunk but then you rock it every time!!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

You always do so a great job with few supplies with you at the cottage.

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

I really like that lace at the top, it adds a nice touch. Great job!

Chris Dring said...

I still can't get over the fact you used a REAL clock on your card! You win!!! What an amazing card, Barb!

Karen Schroeder said...

Amazing card! A real clock too...so very steampunky!

Jane Willis said...

A real clock, what a great idea. Super card with so many interesting things going on
Jane

Tracy said...

Your did a great job on your card, even if Steampunk isn't your thing :)
Love the use of the old clock face!!!!!

Lindsey said...

This is awesome, Barb! Perfect inside and out.

Jessi Fogan said...

It's one of those themes I love to look at & admire but never feel like I nail it myself! This is great - and I so love the clock face :)