Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Challenge #217 ~~ Put a Bird on it!!

Happy Tuesday!!! Shopping Our Stash has a new challenge and it's Put a Bird On It!! Now I do have a few bird stamps and a punch but I really wanted to do something different. A friend asks me to make cards for her and always asks for a Cardinal, well any image or stamp is for a winter card or Christmas  and I wanted one for her birthday which is in the summer so took the image and added flowers over the holly leaves and berries. I stamped and fussy cut every single flower and leaf.  I'm pleased with it how about you?


A fancy frame and a few rhinestones  and it's perfect.


Close up of the flowers, 

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you will show us your project with a bird on it. 

7 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

All that fussy cutting! But hiding the Christmas foliage was a genius idea!

Chana Malkah said...

Barbara, this is just stunning! I love the composition and the color integration! You are now the official "queen of fussy cutting!" Very nicely done indeed!
Hugz,
Chana

Chana Malkah said...

Barbara, this is just stunning! I love the composition and the color integration! You are now the official "queen of fussy cutting!" Very nicely done indeed!
Hugz,
Chana

Tracy said...

Such a pretty card :)
I love the added flowers to cover up the holly and berries.

Chris Dring said...

This is gorgeous, Barb! Love your design and how you turned a Winter themed stamp into a Summery one just by covering up the holly with bright flowers! Love it!

lauren bergold said...

what could be better than lovely cardinals in their (fancy!!!) natural habitat? plus that gorgeous frame!!!!!!!!

Donna said...

Gorgeous!! You fussy cut ALL those flowers?? SHEEESH!!!
Love the cardinals...fab job missus!!!