Wednesday, September 16, 2015

It's an Adoption Card

Hello friends, family and blog readers, the weather has been very nice the last couple of days, so much better than the weekend. It's nice at Turkey Point during the week, quiet with only a handful of sunbathers.  A couple of weeks ago one of my snarky sisters told us they had just adopted a new family member, a beautiful black dog, not sure if he is a Lab, I must remember to ask.  I decided to make a congratulatory card and I mailed it before the Labour day long weekend, well CPO was terribly slow as it took almost two weeks to travel there, I could have driven it myself in an hour. I was sure it was lost. I was very happy when  I got the word it arrived.


The stamp set I used is D is for Dog retired from stampin'up. The sentiment I wrote myself and I won't tell you how many times I had to practice so it looked presentable. First time using the paw prints border punch. I was inspired to use Sketch #8 from The Crooked Stamper.


Close up of the D and the pawprints.


I wrote a personal message on the inside,

I would like to enter this in:

Thanks for joining me today so see what I've been creating. Come back anytime you are always welcome.

4 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Such a great card! I remember that set. I may still have that set. Nah, I think I sold it finally. I never used it! Such a shame.

Thanks for playing my CS Sketch Challenge!

Lindsey said...

What a great card and a sweet thought! (I am so stuck on this sketch...)

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card Barbara
Gr Karin

Donna said...

This is the most lovely and awesome card!! Mister says thank you Auntie Barb! They tell us he is a black and tan coon hound (??) but people say he does look like he has lab in him somewhere. This thoughtful card is sitting on our fireplace where we like to display our favourite things xxooxx