Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Shopping Our Stash #221 ~~ Wooden it be Nice

Looking for my Clear it Out post, scroll down or click HERE.

Shopping Our Stash has a new challenge and I love it ~~ Wooden it be Nice (use wood - veneer, letters, paper, patterned paper) I had so many ideas, I'm not sure what veneer is but I have woodgrain stamps and some interesting images. The one I used for the challenge is from Gingerloft at Stitchy Bear Designs. I also got to make another Christmas card. 



I love this door image, simple to colour and it really looks much better IRL (in real life) The tiny cardinal is from another stamp and is the perfect size for this wreath. I added a small red bow and used white opal liquid pearls for the snow..


Close up of the wreath.


Finished inside with a wood grain background stamp and brushed corduroy distress ink, the sentiment is a die cut from Impression Obsession.

Thanks for stopping by today and we would love to see your "wood" creations on our challenge blog.


6 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

This is a gorgeous Christmas card! Love the door and wreath.

lauren bergold said...

holy moly, this is gorrrrrrrgeous! you've colored everything perfectly. love that tiny cardinal, too! (& bonus for woodgrain interior, love it!) ♥

Tracy said...

Such a beautiful card.
Love all of the wood on this one :)

Donna said...

Oh fab job Barb! Hoooray for another Christmas card made and this one is GORGEOUS!!

Chris Dring said...

Gorgeous card, Barb! Loving all the woodgrain on this card, and that wee cardinal is perfect for that wreath!

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE! Absolutely stunning - and that wee bitty cardinal, so perfect!