Saturday, April 27, 2024

Midnight Flight......

Here I am working on my Holiday cards and of course adding it to some favourite Christmas challenges.  I am continuing to make Mini Slimline cards for slipping money in or if you still use them a cheque, they are perfect, I usually need as least 3 myself.  Since I had a third idea for the Jingle Belles challenge last month I had my card 1/3 made but the biggest part was having the idea so when the Jingle belles challenge came up featuring the "big guy" I was all set.  


The background is made with 3 shades of distress oxide blue inks, the moon was punch from a small piece from my scrap box. The clous are flat attached but the sleigh and reindeer are elevated. Believe was cut three times and glued together for height. A few twinkling rhinestones for stars were added. I layered the image on black and since I didn't have any blue 100 pound cardstock (I like it for bases) I blended blue distress oxide in to the edges of a white base. 


Close up showing the elevation of the sleigh and reindeer. 


Finished the inside with a favourite sentiment and some black cardstock. Next time I will make the inky background larger so I have a couple of scraps to put on the inside.

Here are the three challenges I'm entering:

Jingle Belles Challenge  ~~ Man with the Bag



Christmas Kickstart Challenge ~~ #85 Santa and his Sidekicks


ABC Christmas Challenge ~~ I is for Inky



Thanks for visiting today and if you need to get your Holiday cards started all three of these challenges are great.














 

8 comments:

Di said...

Lovely card and what a great design. Who doesn't love Santa flying over the roof tops?!Lots of work to achieve the 3D effect - but, it works so well!

Thanks for coming to play with us in April's Rudolph Days Challenge.

Hugs
Di xx

SmilynStef said...

love the wonderful dimension in the Christmas Eve sky ... so very glad you shared your Santa with us at Jingle Belles.

Dotty Jo said...

What a stunner! Worth all the effort, Barb, as it looks great. The black outlines really make everything pop. Thanks for playing along with Helen and me at Christmas Kickstart, hugs, Jo x

Marie Bingaman said...

I love this card! Just perfect! Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas for the I is for INKY part of the challenge! :)

~Marie B -DT

Helen said...

What a great scene. Elevating the die cut like that is really effective.

Thanks for joining us at the Rudolph Days Challenge.

Helen x

Helen said...

Fabulous card!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Such a cute card, Barb! Love the mini slimline size and your beautiful Distress Oxide background! You are way ahead of me on the Christmas cards!

lauren bergold said...

Such a brilliant way of using silhouette diecuts and exactly the right colors to make a beautiful scene of Santa at work! So pleased you could join our celebration of Santa at Jingle Belles!