Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Mama Mia

 Now is the time to get a Mother's Day card made for your Mom, Mother-in-law, Stepmom, Grandma, Great Grandma and if you are like me with none of the above you make a card for another important woman in your life, and this is what I made for the challenge at Shopping Our Stash. 


My special person is my Daughter, she loves the colour purple (all shades)  She is just a text or call away if I need help.
The 3D butterfly folder is a newer purchase as is the three layer butterfly but never been used until now but the Lavender Lace cardstock and ink pad are ages old. I even had a re-inker for the ink pad. The light purple part of the butterfly was a scrap of thin shiny paper I found in my scrap file box. The technique I used for the folder is ink up the debossed side of the folder add the same colour cardstock as ink so it darkens the recessed areas. It also looks great done on white cardstock.  I found this video quite helpful.


Here is a closer look at the butterfly and the sentiment The sentiment is a NBUS I'm sure it's over a year old and I just got it out to use. I layered it on an extremely ancient slightly damaged 12 X 12 piece of vellum that I have no idea where it came from it was just loose between the cardstock. 


Finished the inside with a couple of scraps of cardstock and a butterfly stamp. It is ready for a hand written note to tell my daughter how important to me she is.

I am adding this to:
NBUS challenge ~~ #61 3D folder, 3 layer butterfly and the sentiment 


Thanks for spending time here today and stop over at the MAIN BLOG and check out the gorgeous Mama Mia cards the design team have created to inspire you.





2 comments:

Darnell said...

This is a vision in shades of purple, Barb! Your daughter will cherish this beautiful card in her favorite color and your heartfelt words letting her know much she means to you. You both sound blessed! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

dj said...

Gorgeous!! I am loving that embossed back ground!! Way to go shopping your stash!! What great inspiration to those who will join the fun and play along with our new "Mama Mia" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. #SOS520