Thursday, July 27, 2023

Rudolph Days ~~~ July

 Hello my crafty friends it's time for the July edition of Rudolph Days. I haven't been crafting in over two weeks and it will be a bit longer. I had my knee fail me and I collapsed on the floor and broke my ankle it has been a bit of a trial as I did not want to stay so in order to come home I was fitted for an air boot and crutches and of course not to put a lot of weight on the broken ankle until the Dr. calls. I immediately knew I would not be able to take care of my Design Team duties, so they are shelved until I can put weight on my leg but on July 25th I realized I can't miss Rudolph days so knowing I had lots of off cuts, some coloured images etc. I could make one but it took me 2 days to glue it together. 


My day in a recliner that I am in bed when it's time to turn out the lights. 

And now my card.


The super cute penguin image is a digital stamp from Bugaboo Stamps it was already coloured and layered on the tag die. Ribbon was on my desk. Card base from my file folder I did have to cut the striped layer  and because the die cut sentiment I had from my stash wasn't suitable I did die cut the Happy Holidays (when turning the handle of the big shot I hit something and a magnet with cog dies one it and a few other things have hit the floor, one more thing my daughter is going to have to pick up for me)


Close up of the Bugaboo image sadly they are no longer in business. They were Canadian and sponsored many challenges.

I'm adding this to:

Rudolph Days ~~ July Challenge

Thanks for stopping by today and there is still time to get your card in for Rudolph Days the July challenge  ends on July 31st





2 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Barbara,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Oh I am so sorry to hear about your leg you poor thing.
Sending lots of healing thoughts your way.
Just brilliant that you managed to make a fab card to join us in the Rudolf Challenge.
Love the little Penguins and your wonderful design.
Your colouring is fantastic.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge even though you are incapacitated.
Lots of crafty love and gentle hugs. Jenny L. DT

scrappymo! said...

Your card is so sweet. Well done you for making a card with a broken ankle!

I broke mine several years ago. The cast sure protects it, but still, it is so darn backward! I remember my grandson was afraid of the cast... I think it was because I fell just outside the hospital as we left. I was coming down the dropped curb and did not have the angled ground manoeuvering figured out yet.
It scared him and he thought the cast made me fall. He was not taking any chances of being near me in case I fell onto him, I think!!!
Good luck with your recovery!
Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.
Maureen aka Scrappymo