Monday, April 3, 2023

Tinsel Tree Inspired.

 Hello fellow crafters I'm here with my card for the Jingle Belles Rock Challenge ~~ Tinsel Tree Inspired.  I don't have any of those cute trees but I do have a 3 D folder that has great trees and I dove right in inking the folder with 3 soft shades of distress oxide ink on it (as per a video) spritzed it with water until the ink beaded up added 110 lb. cardstock and ran it through the big shot, awesome it worked the first time, although a little softer colour than I had hoped but I was happy. 


I cut 2 sentiments and layered them for dimension and I thought that is all the card needed, I wanted the embossing folder to shine. I added wink of stella to a lot of the snow dots. The embossed layer was attached to a narrow black border to hi-light the image then on a pale turquoise top fold base. 
I always struggle with picture prompts as too many ideas race through my head. 


Finished the inside with a vertical sentiment from Stampabilites. 

I'm adding this to:

Jingle Belles Rock Challenge ~~ Tinsel Tree Inspired


Thanks for dropping by today I am still a few cards behind where I want to be but hopefully I will find some crafting time before the challenge closes on Wednesday.  











2 comments:

lauren bergold said...

Oh my gosh! Not only is this incredibly lovely, I can't believe you created that whole gorgeous scene with just an e/f, a few inks and a super-clever technique! Yowza! Perfection! So pleased you could join our Jingle Belles fun, I'm always excited to see what you will do! ♥

SmilynStef said...

That fabulous sky reminds me of the northern lights I've been seeing lately ... so very glad you joined our Tinsel Tree Inspiration at Jingle Belles.