Tuesday, April 11, 2023

April Showers

 April showers is the new challenge ag Shopping Our Stash. It's an easy one this fortnight, rain, umbrella, puddles, clouds maybe a baby or wedding shower card, lots of choices. 


I do love my House Mouse staaps I'm sure this is one of the first ones I bought, it a wood block stamp and I do love the feel of the block in my hand, although cling mount are easy to restamp when you mess up. It took me a while go get this done, I had everything but the sentiment picked out, sat and coloured the image and realized I had maid a very noticeable error on the flower, gave a big sigh and stamped another (badly) third stamping went well as did the colouring and it went faster than the first try. The raindrops winked with stella. The patterned paper is from Dollarama and amazingly good weight too. 

I haven't finished the inside of the card although I saved a scrap of the patterned paper for the inside and I can decide what kind of sentiment to use as this could be a get well or a thinking of you card and by leaving it blank you can just write your own words. 

I am entering this in:


Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to check out the Main Blog and see what April Showers the rest of the team have made. 










7 comments:

lauren bergold said...

Well OF COURSE you have the perfect House Mouse for this one! I love that it's one of the first you bought (super-stashy!) and altho I'm sorry you needed more than one attempt stamping and coloring, it is bizarrely comforting to me that other ppl do that too! Beautiful, adorable, super cool card! ♥

AlisonC said...

Gorgeous image and just perfect for this challenge. I love his little face. It's beautifully coloured, even if it took a few goes!

dj said...

Adorable guy enjoying (or maybe not) a little rain shower!! What great inspiration for those who decide to play along with our "April Showers" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! Way to go shopping your stash...that Mouse House stamp is perfect!! #SOS494

Sue said...

Silently this little guy is singing rain, rain, go away! Love how you colored it up and the card you made with it. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Mouse Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Barbara :-) this is one of my most fave HM stamps! such an adorable image and your coloring is fabulous! perfectly matched with the paper design! Beautifully done! 💛

Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

April said...

What a sweet card! I love this image. The background paper goes so well with the image. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

Christine said...

Lovely cute mousey image gorgeous colouring love the design paper and frame lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at HMFMC
Mousey hugs Christine xx