Saturday, June 4, 2022

Shake that Snow Globe and make it Snow!!

 Hello friends, family and followers, it's the 4th of the month and time for a new Christmas Challenge at Happy Little Stampers. I am not keeping up with my Holiday card count so at some point I'm going to have to double up. As always the Christmas challenge is anything goes but there is an option of making a snow globe card/ 


I decided to go the Snow Globe route but not your average one I made a "tourist" type snow globe featuring Santa. I made it into a Mini Slimline card. 3.25 X 6.25



I die cut the globe/scene 4 maybe 5 times out of 100 pound white cardstock and glued them together after that was done I thought hmm was going to cut the insides out of them to make it a shaker, but it was deep enough to add some tiny beads, I then added a piece of acetate and another die-cut. For the backing I found a scrap of inky background that fit the bill. I added the tiny beads and glued the back on the snow globe. To finish the front I dug out some starform sentiments and snowflakes. 


Here is a look at the height of the die cuts.



I finished the inside with a scrap of white and navy with a piece of the background paper and a Impression Obsession sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by today and check out the inspiration the rest of the design team have made. 



3 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

So nice Barb! Love the snow globe shaker and gorgeous paper! Great sentiment on the inside too!

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

turned out very beautiful. Love the depth on your snow globe.
Wonderful card
Barb Housner

JulieP said...

The dimension on this is amazing! So very pretty Barb.