Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Winter Wishes.....

Day 18 at Beccy's Place is to use the letter Q as  your inspiration and I managed to get a card done on the proper day. Beccy i in Australia so she is technically ahead of us here in Canada, by the time I see the prompt it's almost over. But I got a quick idea and ran with it.


I guess you would call this a FAUX quilt, I used the top die of a two die set on background dies, it's faux stitched and I added some pretty snowflake paper behind, didn't want to cover it up so just a simple Winter Wishes die cut.


close up of the sentiment and I think you can see the faux stitches.


One of my very favourite vertical sentiments  and a left over piece of patterned paper on the inside.

Challenges I'm adding this to:

Bechy's Place Challenges ~~ Day 19 Q is the letter 

Happy Little Stampers ~~ ATG with Dies

Thanks for visiting today and are you getting your holiday cards done?


3 comments:

Lindsey said...

So pretty! Perfect way to showcase the pretty paper and add a bit more interest and texture. Gorgeous sentiment, too. (Cards? What are those? :D)

KT Fit Kitty said...

That's a great die, Barb! Brilliant idea for a quilted card! That's a lovely sentiment on the inside too! You don't have to worry about being too late for Beccy's prompts - you have all month to do any (or all) of them!

Beccy said...

I love this card Barb, the colours are fabulous and the faux quilting looks awesome. The gold sentiment stands out nicely against the green... love that script die. You did a lovely job with the inside of the card as well, it's lovely.
Cheers,
Beccy