Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Shopping Our Stash #256 ~~ Let Me Take a Selfie ~~ Make a Polaroid Scene

You can thank Chris our hostess with the mostest cute ideas for challenges, who else would have thought about a polaroid scene? So the challenge at Shopping Our Stash is Let me take a selfie and we want to see your polaroid scenes. I will admit I have never made one before so I really didn't know much about them only I thought they were interesting and really cute, I know I will make more too. I really dug deep into my stash for this one too.


I love this sailboat stamp, it is a 1999 PSX stamp and I looked for it for a while before I found one too, I made my own polariod frame with a large rectangle die and a small square one. The clips have been in my stash for hmmm a long long time, even the patterned paper is over a year old. 


So sad PSX is not longer in business but I sure have a lot of their stamps.


I used the scrap of patterned paper on the inside and the sentiment is a 1999 PSX stamp

Thanks for stopping by today and please join in the fun at Shopping Our Stasdon't forget to check out the rules and see what the rest of the design team have made for the challenge.

10 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

I would love to put myself into this scene! Nice work, Barb!
Hugz,
Chana

lauren bergold said...

i agree with chana, this is such an inviting scene, what a great place to be on a summer's day! (with someone else sailing the boat, tho, or we're DOOMED!) :) :) :)

Mimi said...

This card is uplifting and soothing and just right for someone who gets to go stay by the ocean. The colors and images and paper have been masterfully combined! Bravo!

Chris Dring said...

Aww shucks, thank you! I just love your card, Barb! That image is so serene and like Chana and Lauren, would love to be sailing on that boat!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

What a pretty scene and I love the greeting! Fabulous card!

Lindsey said...

Perfect image for your Polaroid scene! Beautiful.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Barbara: I love this gorgeous sailboats and I love your creativity making your own Polaroid frame!!
This image is beautifully colored and your pattern paper fits the theme perfectly, it looks so aged!!! like an old map, just beautiful.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Tracy said...

your card is beautiful!!!
I love the stamp you used and how you adhered the Polaroid on with the tabs.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Barb! I LOVE your Polaroid photo - the sailboat scene looks so relaxing! I like PSX too - their stamps were so detailed and always stamped perfectly! I have quite a few of the older ones in my stash. The inside of your card is just as pretty as the outside! Thank you for befriending me on fb! I don't really like fb but it seems to be a necessity for me in crafting. I was in a gazillion groups and I can't even remember them all, so I'll just have to rejoin as I think of them. It's a pain to start all over again but to be honest I didn't even know half of my old friends anyway!

Sybrina K said...

Barbara, I just love how you shopped your stash to create this wonderful card, and I just adore that background paper!