Monday, June 27, 2016

Finally!!! a Card for the Jingle Belles Rock Challenge ~~ I can see Clearly Now.

Well I didn't have any time last week to make any cards for the challenge and most of the weekend I was busy here at the cottage so here I am Monday morning wanting to make not one but two cards for the Jingle Belles rock. My first card became a total disaster ~~ more on that one when I finish it and blog it on Wednesday, so frustrated with that one I started the second idea I had, I chose my colours and patterned paper cut them to size so far so good and then it all went to Hell in a handbasket. Maybe I'll show you the card first and you can follow along a bit better.


As you see I chose a light blue base, first cut the circle in it then did a "palm to forehead" I didn't want a hole in it I wanted it in the patterned layer, ok into the off cut basket it went. All went well with the cutting and layering of the top layer, then I decided to put the snowman on the base, glued it down on the back, so it was on the bottom when I opened the card, ok glue hadn't set yet so peeled it off and glued it properly. I was pleased then I added shaker card pouch and the layers as everything went well. There was a minor problem when the M in Merry didn't cut and I had to do it over. I was glad I didn't plan on any fancy stuff to do on this card as I wanted the snowman to shine.


Close up of the Sunshine Stamps snowman, he is one of 4 and I use them alot.


Simply finished inside, I wanted no more errors.

I would like to enter this in:



Christmas Card Challenges  #30 anything goes 

Thanks for stopping by to see what I've been "trying" to craft.

11 comments:

Mimi said...

Haha! Girl, I have bene there with my projects... lately, in fact! That's usually when I start whining and crying... then husband rescues me with a mixed-drink :)
I love the snowman and blue beads... how cute!!!

Tracy said...

Your card is adorable and because of the shaker element, so much fun :)

Lindsey said...

This is why I don't like making shaker cards... just too much room for making a mistake! Your finished card is so cute, though! I have ZERO desire to make Christmas cards right now, so good for you!

SmilynStef said...

If it's any consolation, I have a lot of creative experiences that go just like that ... it often takes me a couple of tries to get what I want. Love your fun little snowman shaker ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

Susan Powell said...

I love that this is a shaker card! Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenge.

Marianne said...

Love your sweet snowman shaker. I had actually intended to create another shaker for this fortnight's JB challenge, which didn't happen, but at least I managed to link up 3 cards using vellum. Yay! That's 3 more Christmas cards for my pile!

lauren bergold said...

sorry about the cutting hijinks but still... this is SOOOOOO flippin' cute! love, love, love that snowdude! can't wait to see the other card, too! thanks for joining our CLEARLY awesome fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

laurie said...

What a fun shaker! Cute snowmen,too.Thanks for joining us at The Christmas Card Challenge!

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 287 - hope to see you again soon x

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for sharing it at Christmas Card Challenges!
Monica - CCC DT

Mandy LaCroix said...

This is really pretty! Love that blue. :)
Thanks for sharing over at Christmas Card Challenges! :)