Wednesday, June 29, 2016

I can see Clearly ~~ Card #2

I had planned this card last week but life happened and it didn't get done, remember Monday's blog about working on "this" card and giving up on it for that day, well it's done without any errors.


Anyone that has made an acetate cards knows how hard it is to get a good picture so you will have to trust me it's really acetate. Shall we go back to Monday when I started this card all went well with the colouring and layering, then (I since found out not to score it so well) I tried to put the image on the inside of the acetate, well we all know how well soowang tape grabs in the wrong place so peeled it off and because I scored so well it then stuck to the front. Second half of the acetate sheet, scored lightly, taped the image again, set it perfectly in place ....going well isn't it. Creased the score line and was so happy. Decided to apply some gold sticker trim to the front, got the bottom strip in place, snipped it off and cut the acetate, dang. Since I only had one piece of acetate I peeled the image off AGAIN and taped the back AGAIN and brought it home. So happy how it turned out though.


Second picture of the card so it shows the acetate better. I don't know the maker of the stamp as a friend sent me the image a couple of years ago.

I'm entering this in:
Jingle Belles Rock ~~ I can see clearly now


Thanks for stopping by today and reading about my comedy of errors that had a happy ending.

6 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Awesome acetate card, Barb! I have yet to try this! Love those snowmen!

Marianne said...

Well, no one said making cards was easy lol. Good thing you persevered, because it turned out great. Love the image too.

lauren bergold said...

ohhhhhhh NOOOOOOOOO! i'm sorry, i shouldn't chuckle, but then you shouldn't tell the story and make it FUNNY, lol! (leslie would so have appreciated this one... "i meant to do that"... eyeroll...) ♥♥♥

luckily, all's well that ends well and you've got yet another CLEARLY FABULOUS card to add to the growing pile of 2016 awesomeness!!!

SmilynStef said...

What a super-fun little trio ... gotta love the creative process ... so very glad you're CLEAR-ly having fun with us at jingle belles.

Tracy said...

Awww these little guys are adorable.
As much trouble as this card caused you, it turned out perfect!!

Michele said...

considering all the trouble you had making this is turned out most beautifully! xo