Tuesday, February 27, 2024

It's Not Easy Being Green..............

 Hello and welcome to a NEW challenge at Shopping Our Stash as Kermit always says...It's not easy being Green which is our challenge for the next fortnight. We want to see projects that are mostly green. Sounds like an easy peasy challenge unless you are green challenged as I am except I love lime green so that is what I decided to use for my card. 


Since we were shopping our stash I dug deep for long retired Gable Green cardstock and ink as well as Green Galore for the mat and die cut. I tried a new technique with the 3D folder, ink the debossed side, spritz and run it through the big shot, I feel it doesn't have enough dimension next time I will add a shim so the embossed parts are sharper and maybe go heavier on the ink.


Finished the inside with a cling stamp from Stampendous, a couple of scraps and a trio of rhinestones.

Here is the proof of the age of my ink and cardstock.

The ink pad is the really old style and I was surprised it wasn't totally dry.

 I am adding this to:

Seize the Birthday ~~ Anything goes

Thanks for checking today and don't forget to check out what the rest of the Design Team have made for your inspiration.





 


4 comments:

JulieP said...

This is so fun Barb!!! I really love the monochrome look in this very fun color. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Seize the Birthday!!!

dj said...

I love love love that embossing folder...so springy!! Way to go shopping your stash...You are sure to inspire those who decide to play along with our new challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. You rocked our "It's not easy being green" challenge!! #SOS516

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Barb!

I love your card! The embossed background is so nice and your sentiment appears to be rising from it! Nicely done! Need to get that Stampin' Up green ink!
Hugz,
Chana

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful! Your choice of embossing folder is totally spot on, Jo x