Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Once Upon A Time......

 Shopping Our Stash had a very good break and now it's time for our first Challenge of 2024!! Once Upon A Time so it's fairy tales, princesses, knights, dragons, if it isn't obvious let us know what the fairy tale is. I had some problems with this challenge, every fairy tale I thought of I had nothing to design it with so I went with a "new" fairytale made by Disney. If you can't guess what it is I will add it to the end of my post.


The image is a digital image from Lacy Sunshine and I have had it for a long time, sorry didn't take note of the date I downloaded it, but I have a lot of here images all of them were free.  I used Elizabeth Craft Designs Oval and Postage stamp Rectangle dies I added two extra layers of ovals under the image to elevate it. The inky background was a semi-fail attempt at blending and somehow it surfaced when I was putting the card together I did put it through a falling leaves SU embossing folder, of course I didn't check which way the inked side was on so instead of using the embossed "white" side I used the debossed. blended side. 


I added a couple of leftover scraps and a Hero Arts vertical  ancient sentiment.

Now if you haven't guessed what my nursery rhyme is I will let you know it's Disney's Ariel from the Little Mermaid. 

I am adding this to 

Seize the Birthday ~~ #275 Embossing (I used dry embossing)



Thanks for stopping by today and I'm looking forward to seeing your Fairytale card in our gallery,









6 comments:

dj said...

The Little Mermaid...perfect!! An adorable card to inspired those who decide to play along with us over at Shopping Our Stash for the "Once Upon A Time" challenge that begins today. Way to go shopping your stash...that background piece that got way-layed...perfect!! #SOS513

KT Fit Kitty said...

So cute, Barb! Your colouring is gorgeous! Love the inky background that's been embossed, just beautiful! Are you staying warm, my friend? I think I read that your province got hammered with snow.
Hugs,
Kitty

Deb said...

Such a cute Mermaid! Love the blended background too.

Chana Malkah said...

I struggled with this challenge as well. I had to Google fairy tales in an attempt to find one that fit the images in my stash!

Your Little Mermaid is perfectly presented! Nice blending on your embossed background!

Hugz,
Chana

Nancy said...

Barbara, This is darling as can be! Great background and coloring. One of my favorite movies for sure! Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

Cathy said...

Your image is beaoutifully coloured and I love the details in how you've assembled everything, I thought they were debossed hearts! They add to the gorgeous background. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x