Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Whatever The Weather.....

Welcome to my blog today to check out the new challenge at Shopping Our Stash, it's an easy one this time,  Whatever the Weather!! Lots of choices Snow, Rain, Cloud or any other weather related idea.  Since I am in full speed ahead Christmas card mode I chose SNOW. We have had our first preview of Winter I wasn't impressed with it so I would like to cancel the rest of my subscription/


I have had this Olaf die for hmm 2 years, it was still in it's packaging, I had to clip all those tiny dies apart and hope for the best, I cut 2 of Olof, 2 each of the twig arms so they were stable and I glued them inside the two diecuts as I wanted to put Olaf on a Wobble. Being in a hurry I could only find a large wobble so he really dances around. I smooshed the watercolour background and stenciled the snow with texture paste. Let it Snow is from Elizabeth Craft Designs. 


Close  up of Olaf and the stenciled snow.


Finished the inside with a scrap of blue and a sentiment from High Hopes Stamps (a Canadian store)
this stamp is at least  years old. 

I am adding this to:

NBUS ~~ Challenge #57

Cut it Up ~~ # use mor than one die  I used 2




Thanks for stopping by today , don't forget to check out what "weather" the rest of the team have picked. 










5 comments:

dj said...

What a fantastic Olaf die!! I am with you on the "cancel the subscription" sentiment!! Way to go shopping your stash and inspiring those who decide to play along with our new "Whatever the Weather" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!! #SOS511

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hehehe, this Olaf made me smile! So fun! Yes, we had some snow and it's still on the ground. Not a fan of snow myself, even though I love the sentiment "Let it Snow". It's probably my favourite sentiment for winter cards. I think it's because it's going to snow anyway, so we might as well go with the flow. I'm already waiting for spring LOL! Sending some sunshine your way to melt the snow!

Chris Dring said...

"Cancel your prescription"! BUAHAHAHAHA!! I absolutely adore this card! I can't believe it took a couple years for you to unwrap Olaf! Also, that background is gorgeous!!

Darnell said...

Haha, I hope canceling your subscription works for you, Barb, but I'm not sure about that! If it gets bad, you can always make yourself more Olafs to cheer yourself up! He is just the best for that and having him on a big wobble is perfect! So is your smooched and pasted background! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Carol Cel said...

your card gave me a great smile!!