Sunday, June 4, 2023

Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge for June.

 How can it be June already? And we are having Summer weather and I am not happy that it is the high 20s and it feels hotter. So what can you do during a heatwave? well here is an idea to cool off ~~ get started on your Christmas/Holiday cards. Make a snowy scene, stamp a snowman, make it into a snowball fight then add it to the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge, If you don't want to use the option of make a scene then just go with the Anything Goes option. 


I love making scenes with cute penguins, adorable gnomes and even a few snarky cats but this time I went for soft and pretty.


Turquoise and Pink are my favourite non-traditional colours for Christmas so I inked the flatter side of a 3D folder with distress oxide inks, spritzed it with water and added regular white cardstock to it and rolled it through the big shot, I loved the way it pooled in spots. I attached it to a turquoise layer and on a white top fold base. To finish it as a scene I cut two stags out of white glued them together flat attached the feet and popped the body of the stag up. I couldn't decide on a sentiment, I wish I had a "peaceful" die cut.


A bit of a closeup to show the 3D effect and how the stag is elevated.

Thanks for stopping by today and how to see your new holiday card in our gallery.






3 comments:

JulieP said...

The background colors came out beautiful!!! I did have to laugh at the snarky cat comment though.

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

you created a wonderful scene. I love the colors. Card is fantastic
Barb Housner

laurie said...

Very pretty winter scene! Love the soft colors.