Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Somewhere Over the Rainbow......

Hello friends, family and followers, it's time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash and it's Somewhere Over The Rainbow so here is what you need to do to enter your project in the challenge. Add rainbows to your project or use a rainbow colour palette. I do have a rainbow die but time constraints I went with a Rainbow colour palette. 


Last weekend there was a Card Maker Success Summit free to sign up you could also buy a VIP pass which gave access to all the videos etc, and since I have done a weekend online crop before I knew I never would keep up but the free part was good each day you had 24 hours to view the videos that aired that morning, One was on blending the oxide inks so I decided (from memory) on trying my hand at it. The inks I used was Lumberjack Plaid, Spiced Marmelade, Squeezed  Lemonade, Rustic Wilderness, Blueprint Sketch, Uncharted Mariner and Villainous Potion.  I used a Happy Birthday cover plate to cut the blended background, backed it with turquoise (the only colour I was happy with) Added it to a top fold base and a poppy die cut. 


The poppy stems were flat attached and the flower heads were popped up.


I finished the inside with a 2009 Penny Black wood mount sentiment, and a few scraps of cardstock.

Along with the "old" Penny Black Sentiment, the Birthday cover plate I have had for at least 2 years and it has never been used, the poppy die is not quite that old but also had never been used. Felt really good to give them the love they deserve. 

I am adding this to:

Seize The Birthday ~~ Anything Goes


Just Us Girls ~~ Word Week ~~ Rainbow


Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to check out the inspiration on the MAIN BLOG.




5 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Barbara... your card definitely caught my eye. Love your blending...such a fabulous background (and well work the time)! Thanks ever so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week!

Nancy said...

Pretty birthday card, Barbara! You did a great job on the blended background which makes the poppy...pop! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday and Just Us Girls.

dj said...

Barbara, this is just gorgeous!! I love the silhouettes done in white!! Way to go shopping your stash and inspiring those who decide to play along with our new challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. Your rainbow colored background birthday card is sure to bring a smile!! #SOS492

AlisonC said...

Love this! Such a clever way to match paper and die. The simple flowers are the perfect addition. x

Colleen said...

Barbara, what a cool die and a wonderful way to make everything pop and who doesn't love a rainbow, that was brilliant! thank you for joining us at STB