Saturday, April 16, 2022

L is for Layers....

 Well it's a late Easter this year but at least the weather is not too bad here in South Western Ontario except it is really windy, It's nice to see the trees budding and my daffodils will be out in full bloom soon. It's also time for a new challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers. Here is Edna in her layers to announce the challenge. 


Interesting visual for the challenge. An now here is my take on the challenge.


The stamps I used are from a free Sale a bration set a few years ago the road island red chicken hadn't seen ink yet, she was a tad fun to fussy cut and ended up with one leg so just stamped the feet on the background and glued the body down on that spot, the rest of the chickens were popped up. The embossing folder is from Sizzix (Stampin'up) Colours are Riding hood red, black and crumb cake.


Couldn't decide on a sentiment, but did add the egg stamp and sentiment both from the same set. 

I'm adding this to:

Let's Squash It ~~ Challenge #19 without geometry life is pointless. 

Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to head over to the MAIN BLOG and check out the Layers projects the rest of the design team have made. 
















5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is so witty, Barb! Wish I'd have taken this route! Love your card and all the details. Thanks also for playing at Let's Squash It! Great to see your clever card in the gallery there. I can't do layers for toffee, so I'll leave it to the expert! Jo x

Donna said...

Super awesome!
Love your chickens and smart thinking on the feet!!

Chris Dring said...

Such a clever take on the challenge! Multiple layers of layers!

Angelnorth said...

Great card, love the fun sentiment! I always do that with fiddly bits — stamp on the card base, cut out the easy bit from a second image and stick it in top, saves a ton of frustration!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Haha, so funny! Beautiful stamps and fun sentiment and I like the little scene you made. I adore farm-themed cards as they remind me of visiting my grandparents' farm when I was a youngster. I would feed the chickens and collect the eggs, nice memories for me!