Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Grey Skyscrapers against a Vividly Yellow sky.

 Since I saw the Color Hues challenge I have wanted to take myself out of my colour comfort zone and use Yellow and not for flowers but it hast taken me until the day before the challenge ends to bring it all together. 


Yellow and Grey, not two colours I would put together but that is what I LOVE about Color Hues, simply 2 colours to work with and it's fab. I cut the skyscrapers in grey and cut one in black to use as a shadow image. I made two backgrounds one with watercolor paper and this one with blending two oxide inks together and adding droplets of water. The second yellow background is from a paper pad from Walmart. 
I had originally planned a rectangular card but felt I needed to minimize the yellow sky. 
Hello is an ancient rub-on sentiment from Stampin'up 

 

Finished the  inside with an oval sentiment on some of the tie-dyed paper.

I'm adding this to:

Color Hues ~~ #16





Thanks for visiting today and stay tuned another post is in the near future.







2 comments:

Lindsey said...

It seems like a yellow sky shouldn't work, but it totally does! I'm also impressed with how perfectly the patterned paper coordinates. THanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Karen said...

Great die cut, and the yellow sky works perfectly with it! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!