Sunday, March 21, 2021

Happy Spring Equinox!!!

 What a beautiful day here in SWO for the first day of Spring, sunny and getting warmer, I guess you would think I would be creating sunshine filled floral cards in bright colours.......nope had to try a new Fun Fold, (should call it a NOT fun fold) as when I saw Color Hues Black and White challenge I had my paper already picked and when I saw the fun fold I knew it worked for it. So here is my new fun fold card.

.


The fold is called and Arrow card fold and here is the video, It is an A2 size card, I have seen several other ones for different sized Arrow Fold cards too. I'm sure my problem with my card was the 110 pound black cardstock base it was too heavy but I thought since it was a single layer it needed more stability. 
The paper I sued was from a Black & White 12X12 paper pad I bought many years ago at Dollarama I think it was the first one I ever saw there and it has some great designs. My leaf die cuts are just a couple of dies I had in my stash and the flower is from the Eyelet Outlet and brads. The black rhinestone from my halloween stash.


Open side view of how the inside is done.

I am adding this to:

Color Hues Challenge ~~ #14 Black & White

I love a black and white challenge. 

Thanks for stopping by on this the first day of Spring enjoy the beautiful weather, the days are getting longer now and it's my favourite time of the year. 




4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Beautiful! You definitely had just the right patterned paper to use for this challenge. I like it when tutorials suggest whether lighter or heavier is better. Sadly, they seldom do. :D Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Bunny said...

Great fold. Love the beautiful black and white. [Bunny]

Hannelie said...

Barbara I love that striking white flower! It's beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Julie B said...

So much interest and only two colour, the DP you used sets of your pretty bloom too. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues. :)