Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Shopping Our Stash is Celebrating "Mothers"

Chris is our "hostess" for Challenge #419 at Shopping Our Stash and the theme she picked is Happy Mother's Day, you can get an early start on your Mother's Day card or project,  Mother's Day in Canada and the U.S. is May 10th so lots of time to get some done.


You know how you look things up on Pinterest and next thing you know you have a barrage of Pins they found just for you. Well had one in my mail and I always check and there was a card made with the Botanical Builder dies, so of course went and had a look and thought I can make that since I have the dies.  I want you to note the "white" space in the upper corner, it took all my restraint to leave it alone, and I'm very pleased. The patterned paper is from a pack I bought last year at Dollarama.  It's been a long time since I have been doing any fun shopping.


Close up of the flowers, the pearls are from Stampin'up and the sentiment from a SU set called Teeny Tiny Wishes, after stamping and trimming I added it to a banner from a set from We R Memory keepers I bought at Winners at least 5 years ago. 


Finished inside using a couple of scraps of paper, a die cut flower and a sentiment from Stampworks.

If you haven't checked out the rest of the Design team project head over to the MAIN BLOG and check them out.

I'm entering this in:
Use Your Stuff #396 Mood Board. I picked out the blue, pink and flowers.

Thanks for stopping by and I'm looking forward to seeing your Mother's Day projects.

8 comments:

Chris Dring said...

White space is my nemesis too! This is absolutely stunning, Barbara! Love it!

Donna said...

I love the white space!
You are right, we are so tempted to fill every spot, but it looks awesome!
Love the flowers!!

Chana Malkah said...

This is awfully pretty, Barbara! As soon as I get my life back on track, I want to get back to making more flowers! Lovely card!
Hugz,
Chana

lauren bergold said...

beautiful flower dies and you've made them into an absolutely lovely card! and well done you for leaving some "white space" that is always my biggest challenge too! ♥♥♥

missgailly said...

Beautiful flowers on this great card. Thanks for playing along with us at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail #staysafe #stayhealthy

Lindsey said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the die cut flowers, and how perfectly the patterned paper works with them.

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is so pretty, Barb! I love these pastel colours and gorgeous flowers! Such a beautiful card for Mother's Day!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

The Botanical Builder die set is one of my favorites from SU, I didn't get the stamp set because I figure I can still make cards just with the dies.
I love the colors on this beautiful card Barbara, and I also sympathize with you about the "white space" term, although it has grown on me and now, I'm kind of ok with it.
Love your pattern paper too, it matches the blue on your flowers perfectly.
XO