Tuesday, April 14, 2020

It's Time for a New Challenge at Shopping Our Stash

Hello friends, family and followers it's time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash and the theme it Happy Passover, Happy Easter or Happy Spring. I chose to showcase a couple of Easter cards I made for my great grandsons although with the social distancing I think I am now putting them in the mail, they will be a little late but at least they will get to see them before summer.  I have time to craft and really haven't been doing much at all, I have great ideas, perhaps I get overloaded with ideas and then don't do any, time to remedy that one.  I always try to make a different fold, different technique or something moving and I'm running out of ideas especially since there are two. Here is what I came up with for this year.


Something I have not made in eons, a Waterfall card, of course I went looking for tutorials and there are many some very hard to follow but I used Dawn's Stamping Studio tutorial, it's the one I have always used. I made just a card front and a trivet to go with it. Talk about using stash, nothing on this card is less than 5 years old with the exception of the bunny dies which are probably a year or more but never been die cut before. The brads and ribbon are about 10 years. 


Since I don't have three or four hands (would be nice some days) I couldn't hold the card operate the waterfall and take a video at the same time, so this will give you and idea of how it worked. 

Next is a "Spring" card I made for the younger great grandson.


There were a few tutorials some were 5 1/4" square but because the bunny wasn't that big I made it 
4 1/4 inch square. It is called a spring card as it "springs" up when taken out of the envelope. These are really great cards for a graduate card. 
This is called Lucky Bunny and is from Elizabeth Craft Designs


The bunny is a great frustration builder, all those many parts but it was fun.

Another great stash buster, I think I've had the bunny die for 3 years and it was the first time I have played with it, the rest of the card was made out of scraps. My scrap file box is getting too full I need to make more use of the scraps that are in there, 

I'm entering this in:

Use Your Stuff ~~ #395 Easter

Thanks for visiting today and don't forget to head over to the Main Blog and check out all the awesome projects the design team has made.




6 comments:

lauren bergold said...

omg these are WAY too cute and as always your engineering puts me to shame!!! (i'm always glad to hear someone else say that sometimes TOO MANY ideas can be more paralysing than none... that definitely happens to me!) ♥

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my gosh Barbara!!!! I haven't seen this fun technique in ages!!!! I recall I made a birthday card for one of my grandchildren like 6 or so years ago, I think I still have the "prototype" somewhere in my craft room. And, to top it all, I think I followed Dawn's video tutorial so, thank you for providing the link to it.
Now, this "waterfall" card is just the cutest, love all of the bunny images, such a happy and fun card.
And your chocolate bunny card is just as cute, love the "spring" card you created for it, I need to investigate this technique as well.
Fabulous cards, teammie.
XO

Donna said...

A waterfall card, now that takes me back!
I made soooooo many of those at one point - super fun idea to revisit techniques we haven't made in a while!
That bunny, so cute, but he for sure looks super fiddly!

Lindsey said...

I have never tried a waterfall card - this one looks terrific! Love the little bunny die cuts. And you even made the easel! I did make a spring card once - as you mentioned, for a grad card. Love the big bunny and what a fun idea to make him spring out of the envelope. (I have two cards made but still sitting here, too...)

Susan Renshaw said...

Love your creations! I have been making waterfall cards this week... I nowmay have to make a Spring card!!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

KT Fit Kitty said...

These are adorable, Barb! I love both styles! So cool! Your crafty mojo is on high speed!