Saturday, May 19, 2018

It's Saturday so Let's Get Inky!!!

The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge #110 ~~ I is for Inky. We want you to use inks not just for stamping an image we want to see more than that. I decided (due to a time crunch) to use Distress inks both oxide and regular and a stencil which is something a little new for me.



I used Fossilized Amber, Peeled Paint and Worn Lipstick Oxide inks and Picked Raspberry Distress ink from Ranger with a Hero Arts Stencil Large lotus pattern, The pearls are ancient from my stash bought at the dollar store.


Since I was going for fast and simple I used this very large Happy Birthday die cut.


Close up of the shading although there is some ghosting as the stencil wasn't secured as well as I thought, lesson learned.

Thanks for stopping by today and head over to the main blog and check out the rules and how inky the rest of the team have gotten.


7 comments:

Chris Dring said...

You really need to use stencils more, because this card is gorgeous!!

Jane Willis said...

Very beautiful, great stencilling and I love that pearl swirl

Donna said...

Fab job sistah!!
Love the colours, love the stencil and the pretty flowers and swirl!

Lindsey said...

Very pretty! It's funny how few of us snarked it up this time. And as for the stencil ghosting... that always seems to happen to me! :(

Wendy Bellino said...

Ooooh! Your card looks airbrushed! Love the effect!

Mimi said...

This is beautiful, and a great feminine card to have in your stash! I need to take note... I want to say, though, I like the ghosting-- it gives a soft look that seems to flow with the floral vibe! Thanks for having me along with the Sisterhood this challenge! Happy (as always) to be part of your crew!

Dotty Jo said...

Stunning stencil work, sistah, Jo x