Tuesday, May 15, 2018

It's a Panda Bear Birthday!!!

Happy Tuesday!!! Time for a new challenge at Shopping Our Stash and Mimi has picked a perfect theme for the challenge ~~ For the Kids!!! It's perfect for me as my Great Grandson turns one in June and I needed to make a couple of birthday cards and the theme of the party is Teddy Bear Picnic, so I chose to made a Panda bear card.


Although the panda bear stamp is reasonably new all the papers were scraps out of the scrap box, the polka dot piece was an extra base for an ATC card quite a few years ago. As soon as I saw Sketch Saturday I knew it was perfect for my image. The Panda is from the Sale-a-bration promotion in March and was free (with purchase of course)


close up of the image.


Since it's his first Birthday I wanted to put the 1 on the card, which ties in with Seize the Birthday's challenge "it's just a number"

I am entering this in:
Sketch Saturday  #513 
Seize the Birthday  ~~ It's just a number (mine is one)

Thanks for stopping by today and for lots of fantastic inspiration head over to the SOS Blog and check out the rest of the design team's projects.

6 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Love the blue papers, and that panda is adorable! Great take on that sketch too!

Donna said...

Perfect card for your great grandson!
Love that wee panda!!
And a fab take on the sketch to boot!

Lindsey said...

This is adorable, Barbara! The blue theme is perfect, too. So glad you linked this up to Seize the Birthday!

Mimi said...

You had me with panda + balloon! I love the way you added a dimensional effect by cutting the balloon out at the edge... it's awesome how something so slight makes such an impact... sigh, isn't paper-crafting with friends great?! Great use of stash papers, Babs.

Uroo Creations said...

Wow!!!
Amazing card dear....
Thanks so much for commenting on my very first blog post.
I know I am so late, but really appreciate your so valuable support and encouragement.

Thanks again, my sweet friend.

Hugs
Dr Monika Tripathi Shukla
UrooCreations

stampwithsandy said...

That panda is just adorable, Barbara! Great job mixing patterns, too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!