Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Time for a New Challenge at Shopping Our Stash!! and for me it's a TWO-FER

Can you believe it's over half way to the end of the month, these days are going faster than I want but for September the weather is beautiful really warm during the day but cools off at night.  On with the challenge at Shopping Our Stash and it's "the Apple of my eye" ~~ Schools back in session so create something with an apple or apples on it, it might be an apple pie or apple blossoms or really go rogue like one of our design team and make a pine-APPLE.  I was almost stumped, I was sure I had a house mouse with an apple but alas I was dreaming so I did the next best thing....and here it it.


I used Tim Holtz blueprint apple for my image, I coloured it and for some reason or other the red ink was not working well and became very shiny so I added a bit of acetate to make a "picture".  The embossing folder is autumn leaves and I might have used it once before and it's over a year old.  No inside sentiment right now as I wasn't sure on who I was giving it to,

Since I was having a time with those markers I made a second card (I needed a birthday card for a friend)  so I went a totally different way with this one.


Apple Blossoms I also tried a new technique (which I need practice with)  "colour lifting"  I also used a sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch.  I really did some stash busting on this one, all papers and vellum were sitting on my table.  Celebrate is from a set that has never seen ink. 


Close up of the celebrate.


Finished inside with some left-over paper.

I would like to enter this in:

``


Thanks for looking at my blog today and don`t forget to head over to the  Main Blog and check out what the rest of the Design team have made then get out your crafty stuff and join in the Apple fun.



8 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Love both of your cards Barbara! Great images, and your coloring is awesome!

lauren bergold said...

it's a two-fer of amazing apple-osity and i love both of them!!!!!!!! ♥♥♥

Deena said...

Gorgeous cards. Perfect two-fer

Donna said...

Woot woot woot look at you go with yer two-fers!
I adore that apple sketch stamp!!
I have never seen that one!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful cards!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Love, love that big apple stamp, coloring a big image is challenging but you did a fabulous job here.
The apple blossom card is gorgeous, beautiful soft coloring, love it.
Hugs,
Maria.

JoAnn said...

Great card. Love the apple blossom card and the colors you used. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

TaeEun said...

The coral colored apple blossoms are so pretty and the matching background looks fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!