Monday, August 28, 2017

Another Very Vintage Christmas for the Jingle Belles

In my stash of pre-used Christmas cards I saw this beautiful image of three birds and knew I really wanted to recycle it into a "new" card, I started with a 5 1/4 X 5 1/4 square base layered it with blue and a snowflake patterned paper. I cut the image with an EC stitched circle  I cut two large intertwined circles (also EC designs) glued one down and added the image then attached the second intertwined clrcle on top.


Who doesn't love chickadees? I love when they come to the feeder in the winter. 
I added some red glitter enamel dots (Eyelet outlet) on the circle. 


closer look at the enamel dot and how I trimmed the bird's tail to go outside the circle.


Finished inside. 

I would like to enter this in 




Thanks for visiting and have a fabulous day!!

4 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful upcycled card. I like how you fancy cut the birds tail to hang outside the circle die!

Thanks for taking part in the August Rudolph Days Challenge.

SmilynStef said...

The enamel dots are the perfect touch ... thanks for joining us again for our vintage celebration at jingle belles.

lauren bergold said...

oh my goodness, it's too funny, there was a very similar image to this in one of the Ideals magazines i was looking thru... and i very nearly used it!!! (if i had thought of trimming it into the perfect size of circle, i think i would've done; in fact, if you see that in future, act surprised, ok, lol?!) what a beautiful 2nd addition to our "old fashioned xmas" gallery at JINGLE BELLES, missus! <3

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a beautiful beautiful image !! Thank you so much for joining us at the Rudolph Days Challenge!
Rudolph Days Challenge DT
Dr Sonia