Monday, May 23, 2016

Banish the Holiday Blues ~~ with the Jingle Belles Rock!!

Friday brought a new holiday challenge at the Jingle Belles Rock which is to banish the holiday blues, that means NO BLUE is to be used. I'm sure it's my fault for making so many "blue" holiday cards the last few weeks. When I saw the challenge I knew what I was going to use, a couple of NBUS dies, one I had for a couple of years. When I packed for the cottage for the long weekend I threw in every die I thought I would use, I had 5 projects and believe it or not I had almost everything I needed except ribbon, corner rounder and some rhinestones or pearls.  So without further chat here is my NON BLUE card.


As you see the shadows are long on the deck of the cottage but the scenery is so much nicer to take a picture on the railing. The die I used is Vertical Birch Trees Card Panel from Frantic Stamper that I bought at Scrapfest Kitchener, the birds are from an Impression Obsession birch tree with birds die and the deer are also from IO as well. 


Of course why would I only cut one set of birds or one set of deer I like having ufos in my stash but of course I used most of what I cut on the card. I love crumb cake and riding hood red together.


I`m entering this in the Jingle Belles Rock ~~ Banish the Holiday Blues.


Thanks for stopping by today, come back and visit anytime.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Such a gorgeous, classy card, Barb!

SmilynStef said...

Gorgeous combination of dies ... so glad you helped us Banish the Holiday Blues at Jingle Belles (PS ... we picked our themes six months ago, so you are in no way responsible :) )

lauren bergold said...

oh how i ♥♥♥LOVE♥♥♥ this card... every element... every single thing about it... kind of longing to price out the dies involved and splurge on them, lol! b/c srsly, you make them look SO GOOD! thanks for helping us "banish the holiday blues" at JINGLE BELLES! ♥