Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Shopping Our Stash #176~~Leaf Me Alone


Looking for my Clear it Out Tuesday post scroll down or click HERE

Okay I did it again!!! I shut the computer down early last night and went to bed early too. Shock to wake up and find my card didn’t post and imagine my surprise when I found out I never did the post.

Shopping Our Stash has an new challenge Leaf Me Alone (alternate un-be-LEAF-able) Use leaves on your project. this one is easy peasy, you can use some leftovers from your Thanksgiving and Halloween project. I used some vellum leaves I bought at a yard sale. The card I made was very easy and is “SHOCK” very CAS for me. Have a look….
IMG_2414
I made my own background, I saw a technique and thought I want to try that unfortunately I could not find it again so I have no idea who’s blog this was on. I cut two pieces of shiny cardstock and put one under a extra large zip lock bag just to use as a template for where I would scribble with my alcohol markers, when you have covered the bag covered template you spritz it with rubbing alcohol then put the second shiny cardstock piece down on it, you can go back and dot it on the plastic bag if there is a spot you think needs more, even spritz again. The bag wipes off with a paper towel and you can save it to use again. Burlap, leaves and a rub-on sentiment from SU that is at least 5 years old.
IMG_2415
close up of the leaves
IMG_2416
close up of the sentiment and the background
IMG_2417
Couldn’t decide what sentiment to use on the inside but  it’s ready when I figure out one. I quite often use computer generated verses for these type of cards.

I would like to enter this in:
Hiding in My Craft Room Fall colours

Thanks for stopping by and have an “un-be-LEAF-able day!!!

8 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

I love that background! I keep forgetting about my alcohol inks. So many fun techniques to do with them!

lauren bergold said...

leaves on BURLAP over an amazing customized gorgeous background??! YES PLEASE! beeeeeeeeeautiful!!!

Lynn's Place said...

Awesome card love the burlap backing...tfs

Chana Malkah said...

Wow, your background is so rich and elegan! Love the pairing with the burlap. Very nicely conceived and crafted!
Hugz,
Chana

Tracy said...

such a pretty card.
I really like the background and your velum leaves are so pretty.

Jessi Fogan said...

THAT BACKGROUND!!! And I have everything to try it out...ooooooh, maybe I know what I'll do today! Love it.

Chris Dring said...

YOU MADE THAT BACKGROUND!!! Barb, it's incredible! As is your entire card! Wow! Love this!

Donna said...

Love that background Barb! And the burlap! Awesome!!