Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Stitch in Time Saves Nine….or so the old saying goes

Hello my crafty and non-crafty friends, another week closer to summer and oh how I’m looking forward to warmer weather how about you? Clear it Out Tuesday has an awesome challenge for you this week, anything goes, we know how you love to enter ATG challenges of course there is a twist with this one, stitching either real or faux the choice is yours. Head over to the CIOT blog and check out the rules while you are there check out what the other design team members have created.
I dragged out my sewing machine, set it up on the kitchen table plugged it it and decided to take a test run, hmmm it wasn’t working, the thread was getting caught and my stitch wasn’t right so…………..I tried to pull the thread from the bobbin case and took one ring off, the other followed so decided to scrap machine sewing and will be taking the machine in to have it checked over. That left me with two options, faux stitching (I suck at that) or hand stitching.
IMG_2072
The sponsor for the challenge is Stamp Art by Katheryne and the image I chose was Alannah & Snowball. I’m trying to do at least one Christmas card a month so when November/December arrives I’m ahead of the game. I coloured the image with my spectrum noir markers, the patterned paper is a couple of years old and I stuck it to the pink cardstock then punched holes in it every 1/4 inch and hand stitched with green thread. The ribbon I used was already sewn.
IMG_2073
Here is a close up so you can see the stitching, I used stickles on the snowman’s had and opal liquid pearls for Alannah’s hat.
IMG_2074
Inside of the card, now you can see how cute the patterned paper is.
Challenges I’m entering this in:
Hazel Nuts Crafty Christmas challenge Extra Anything goes as long as it’s Christmas. The challenge is for the month of April.
Completely Christmas Challenge #6 Anything goes.
Thanks for looking today but before I sign off for today there is a contest for the design team on Clear It Out Tuesday for who you think made the best cards/projects for April. the names are listed on the right side of the blogs just click for the DT member’s card you like. If it is mine then it’s bonus for me. Just click HERE to vote.
Have a wonderful crafty week….see you back next week.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job! Love everything about it!

Crafty Judith said...

Hi Barbara popping on over to say Hi hun and hope you re doing ok - great make xxx I also have blog candy on offer on my blog if you fancy taking a peek http://judithsadorablecreations.blogspot.co.uk/ Hugs Judith xxx

Crafty Judith said...

hi hun me again and thank you for sharing your lovely make at Completely Christmas - very good luck hun

Unknown said...

Fabulous Design....thank you for your valued support in entering our challenge, without you we would have no challenge. Good Luck in the draw next Saturday.....and I do hope you will join us again next week...for another fab challenge....
Hugs
Suzy B Owner Completely Christmas
XX

Jessi Fogan said...

This is gorgeous!! Love your stitching & that pretty stitched ribbon - and all the sparkle & LP really dress up the cute image :)

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness, this card is so so cute.
Love the image and the soft colours you used.
Adorable

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for entering our Completely Christmas challenge 6 and CHNC challenge extra for April with your lovely card - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Suze said...

Love the colour combination and that paper is so cute. Love the gathered ribbon you have used - I haven't been able to find pre-gathered ribbon here. Thanks for joining in the challenge at CHNC Extra for April.