Saturday, February 8, 2014

Welcome to the First Sisterhood of the Snarky Stampers Challenge~~~~~A is for Anti-Valentine

It has certainly been an exciting time for the Design team, it is amazing what a “small gang” can get done in a very short time. We welcome you to join the Sisterhood of the Snarky Stampers in their first challenge. If you haven’t been to the blog yet hop on over and check out the FAQ, rules of the challenge and take a look at all the fabulous cards my teamies have made, they are just awesome.
IMG_1945
My image is from Floppy Latte they are closed for now but should be back soon with new “stuff”. The sentiment didn’t  show up well in the picture so here is a closer look at it.
                         IMG_1943
I found this sentiment when I googled “snarky Valentine cards” cute eh. The paper I used is a black and white pack from Bo Bunny, I coloured the image with my alcohol markers and fussy cut it out. I used the current sketch #235 from Tuesday Morning Sketches. I took a liberty with it and put the sentiment at the top instead of the bottom.  Now for the inside.
IMG_1944
Another sentiment found on the web. I thought it went along with the challenge rather well. I have a person in mind to send this card to and she will get such a kick out of it.
I’m entering this in the Sketch #235 at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
Thanks for joining me today for the very first challenge at the Sisterhood of the Snarky Stampers. Now get your “snark” on and enter your project on the blog, you have two weeks to add it to the linky.

13 comments:

Lynn's Place said...

Awesome start to a new blog...what a great beginning wtg...tfs

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

Brilliant begining! I hope Floppy opens back up! What a great card inside and out! Bravo!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new Design Team. And of course the card. I already saw it in person :) You knows how I feel about commercial card holidays so of course I love it!

Donna said...

Ha Ha Ha Barb that inside sentiment is PERFECT!!!!!
Cheers to the snarky sisterhood!!!

VintageScrapsCanada said...

Barb that is the funniest
OMG
My husband would love that ....

Chris Dring said...

OMG! Perfect card - outside and inside! - for the Sisterhood!! Way to embrace your snarky side, Barbara!

Karen Schroeder said...

Perfect snarky card! Love the sentiment and awesome image!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I love your card and the inside sentiment... whoa! Love it. I remember in my youth feeling that Valentine's was about love-the fact that there was love in the world, that you had people you loved like your friends, family, relatives and pets and that they loved you too. It wasn't all about "having" someone..... which of course makes me think of keeping someone chained in the basement. So either I'm missing a really cool holiday (and need a basement) or else everyone else has a messed up definition of romance. Or something like that.

Tracy said...

I seriously love your card!
That sentiment is perfect. I know someone who would get a kick out of this as well.

Lindsey said...

I can't decide which is better... the inside sentiment or the outside one! You definitely found your inner snark. ;) Love this card, Barbara!

Unknown said...

OMG--Can a sentiment be any more anti-Valentine?! LOVE the snarkiness of the entire creation, Barb!! Looking forward to many, many, many more Snarky designs from the Sisterhood! XOXO-Shari

Jessi Fogan said...

HAHAHA! I love the inside sentiment almost as much as the outside :) And omg, laughing at Princess Judy's comment, having someone chained in the basement! lol!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Love the outside but the inside sentiment is the best. Great job.