Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Shopping Our Stash presents a Heavy Metal Challenge.

Challenge #140 at Shopping Our Stash is Heavy Metal, we want you to use metal on your project, it can be something from your stash, we know you have some metal there, or you could make something with metal. Not a very difficult challenge but make sure you mention what it is in your post, it makes it a lot easier for the design team to pinpoint the item.  For my card I used a Bugaboo image called Rock Star Boy, it will be a card for my grandson for his birthday (hope he isn’t reading). The metal I used is from my stash, 4 black star brads and 4 silver metal dots (I have these metal dots in a lot of colours and bought them in Jo-Ann’s when I was in Florida two years ago.
IMG_1979
The back ground paper is from a DCWV pack, I believe the green cardstock is Gable green from SU retired. Basic black and GP white was also used. I used some paper glaze on his glasses.
IMG_1980
Here is the inside just waiting for the sentiment. I used a scrap of the DCWV paper that was left over.
I am entering this in Glitter ‘N Sparkle challenge #73 Bright and Funky colours.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you will find some time to join us at Shopping Our Stash for the Heavy Metal challenge.

9 comments:

Chris Dring said...

OMGee! Barbara, your card quite literally ROCKS!!! I love that image and that DP with the silver foil guitars?! How perfectly brilliant!

Lindsey said...

What a perfect grandson card! I'm going to guess that your grandson reading your blog is about as likely as mine reading my blog is. :D

Donna said...

Now THAT is a heavy metal card!!! Rockstar!!! Love it!!!

Leslie Hanna said...

Love the star brads and metal dots! And the shiny on his glasses. And him. Really cute card!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Wow! Such a fun fun card! Your grandson will love it! And if he reads your blog?? Thats way cool!!
Blessings,
Michelle

Jessi Fogan said...

This is so totally awesome! I love the stars & the glossy sunglasses are too fun :)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Of course you had to use a rock star for a HEAVY METAL challenge! I love this card, such fun!

Tracy said...

Love this card, how fun!!!!
Totally a Heavy Metal card ;)

lauren bergold said...

omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now see, i made heavy metal jokes, but you REALLY DID IT... and it's sooooooooooooooooo totally totally FAB! love, love, love this amazin' card missus!!! :) :) :)