Tuesday, November 13, 2018

It's Tic - Tac - Toe Time at Shopping Our Stash!!

It's Mimi's time to pick the challenge for Shopping Our Stash and that's exactly what it was for me when I tried to decide which line I would attempt.  I'm so much into Holiday cards I had trouble focusing on anything but holidays. So here is the challenge board.

Lots of choice, just remember the center square is Stash more than 5 years old and tell us what it is.

I chose the diagonal line bottom left to top right 
smooshing technique/stash more than 5 years old/ heat embossing


Of course my background is the alcohol marker smooshing technique done in as many greens as I have The image is a Stampin'up two step stamping set called Solemn Stillness dated 2004 (it qualifies) I stamped the tree in Memento green and heat embossed the gold on top.  Note to self do not use Versafine if you are using embossing powder. 


Close up of the embossing because this is a wood mounted set it gave me a bit of trouble lining it up, was wondering if it would be better to unmount it. Check out that background. 


Not sure I'm thrilled with the gold embossing on the green but it's legible.


Closer look at the sentiment.

Thanks for visiting today and head over to the Main Blog and see what the rest of the design team have made. 




6 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Wow Barbara! This is a stunning card, and oh so elegant with the gold embossed touches! Well done!

lauren bergold said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh WOW!!! you are good at every single thing i suck at lol... such amazing technique and elegance! ♥

Mimi said...

This is so pretty! That is a really cool tree stamp set-- so many color combo possibilities, but I think I'd choose the same combo as you. LOVE LOVE LOVE that holiday sentiment! That, to me, really embodies the holiday spirit and can be shared with anyone: religious, non-religious... it's all about life and friendship and family and gratitude... love it. Great card.

Mimi said...

"Life" was supposed to be "love"-- I am the WORST typer on my phone...

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous card, love your gold embossing! Yeah, I hardly use my wood-mounted stamps any more but it seems like a lot of trouble to unmount them.

Donna said...

That tree is sooooooooo gorgeous!!