Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Shopping Our Stash #286 ~~ Fantastic Beasts

Unicorns, Fairies, Dragons, Aliens and much much more to be found at Challenge 286 at Shopping Our Stash!!! What a great challenge theme Alica decided for us this week!!! it sure pushed me to be searching for something I have never used before, I have a lot of angels from Sweet Pea but there were none I haven't used at least once so next a search for a dragon well I have a couple of those...yup used them before several times so pinterest here I come and found one in my digi images that I have never used but of course I do not know who's it is there was no name on it.  Here is what I ended up making.


Guess you know by now my favourite colour is Purple and I decided this beauty had to be purple. I used the current sketch from Sketch Saturday I also used three dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs
  and an adorable dragon brad from Eyelet Outlet & brads which I purchase from Uniquely Yours   Craft and Photo. I also used some washi tape from the dollar store to go along with the sketch.


I used wink of stella on his/her spikes.


Couldn't resist a close up of the super cute brad from the Eyelet Outlet.+


Finished the inside with a scrap of patterned paper and a left over die cut I just couldn't throw out those little dots that were out of the die cut so added them for some interest. 

I would like to enter this in:

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you can join us for the Fantastic Beasts challenge.


11 comments:

lauren bergold said...

oooooooooooh you are ROCKIN' the sketch saturday, missus! not to mention the fab coloring, the awesome washi and of course the AMAZING eyelet outlet dragon brad, that is the PERFECT finishing touch! (i love that he seems to be a tiny bit devilish, sitting on your dragon's shoulder, perhaps tempting him to go and ravage the ghirardelli chocolate factory or some other fun dragon shenanigan, lol!!!) well done, you! a mythological masterpiece! :) :) :)

Chris Dring said...

OMG! That image! The purple colors! That dragon BRAD! Barbara, your card is sooooo AMAZING! Love this!

Chana Malkah said...

All I could think about was the "Purple People Eater." This is a good thing! You image is just fabulous and your project well composed and executed!
Hugz,
Chana

Donna said...

Fab take on the sketch lady!
Love the purple
Love the washi
Love the dragon
Love the other shoulder sitting dragon..I am with Lauren the smaller dragon looks like the devil dragon talking into his ear convincing him to get up to no good!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

I love all the purple!!! Both dragons are great but that tiny little brad is adorable! Great card!!

Mimi said...

This dragon was meant to be purple! And that brad is one of the coolest brads I've ever seen. The inside of your card is stand-alone-- I consider this a perfect card.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh WOW!! what an amazing Dragon image!!! love it that you made her (or is it a he?) purple, looks amazing.
The Dragon brad is over the top adorable, fabulous little detail.
The inside of your card is beautiful too, finishing the inside when you make the cards saves a ton of time when you mail them.
Big hugs,
Maria.

Renate´s Stempelwelt said...

Hello, wonderful card, the coloring is amazing. A dream Card. Thanks for joining us at SKETCH SATURDAY.
Hugs - Renate

Claire Grantham said...

LOVE this card, your colouring is awesome and I have a dragon crazy Aunt who would adore this card, I am always sending her dragon cards, so this is super special. Love that dragon brad - amazing detail. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday this time. Claire DT

Anonymous said...

Fab card, love how rich your colors are. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday!

Marina said...

Great purple dragon - you've made a fabulous card on the theme.