Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Floating Flowers

I love this design for a card, I used it with a bi-plane card I made a while back, Floating flowers is what France Martin calls this fold and I followed her video to make it so it's a total "case".  A couple of weeks ago I made a different card made with the same flowers and colours,  I am not a big fan of fall colours except looking at the trees when they change, but I try to use them every once in a while, and there has been a lot  of Pink going around.


Boy this was a nightmare to photograph, here is is closed.


Sort of a side view


A wider side view. 

The link to the video is HERE

I was inspired to make this card by the Colour Challenge at Just us Girls and I would like to enter this in their challenge. ~~ Color Week #365 Gold, Rust and Olive. 





Thanks for stopping by today, as you see I am not always making Christmas Cards.

9 comments:

Tracy said...

Such a pretty card...I love this fold, so fun!!!

Jane Willis said...

Absolutely gorgeous - such a great fold, one I've not tried yet, and the flowers look beautiful with it. You've used some of my favourite colours too
Jane

Sue VanDeVusse said...

So pretty! I love that awesome fold you used and those fun die cut flowers. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Chris Dring said...

Oooh! I love this cool fancy fold card! That patterned paper is perfect for our challenge, and those flowers look amazing! Thanks for joining the fun at Just Us Girls!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the fancy fold and pretty flowers.

Lindsey said...

I'm with you on the autumn colours, except for pretty fall trees — I didn't even bother to save this challenge prompt! They look lovely here on your card, though.

Judy Woodland said...

I loved that card when I watched Frencie make it a few weeks ago, and you have really done it justice here. Your flowers and patterned papers are perfect. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week!

Jaydee said...

What a wonderful interactive card - and those flowers and the way you carried them through are perfect. So glad you joined us at JUGS this week
jaydee (GD)

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hi, Barb! I've been seeing these flowers around and I really like how the inner petals fold out - very cool! What a unique style of card - I haven't seen this one before! I need to get more adventurous with my card styles! I always grab the same old A2!