Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Silhouettes is Challenge #263 at Shopping Our Stash!!!

Another week has just flown by and now it's August, if you were celebrating the August 1st holiday as Canada was I hope you had a great weekend.  Shopping Our Stash has a great challenge for you this week.....Silhouettes.  Here is what I made for the challenge.


I decided to use a Bugaboo Stamps Digi, I make a few Halloween cards and I had this image in my stash so needed to use it up. I bet I sound like a broken record but I had coloured this up last weekend here at the cottage but of course had nothing to go with it and I was to bring at least one of my Halloween patterned paper pads back this weekend but I forgot to pack it, guess my mind was focused on all the Christmas challenges that are out there in July. So I made do with the purple and black that was here. I also had the gold which worked well too. I had made a second image but I will finish it when I get the proper paper here.


Close up of the image.


Not sure if you can see it or not but I spritzed the purple with shimmer spray, it really sparkles irl.

Thanks for visiting today and head over to the SOS blog, check out the rules and see what silhouettes the rest of the design team have made.



6 comments:

lauren bergold said...

i love that you take whatever you HAVE and you always, always make it WORK!!! that is true creativity, missus! (ps: ilooooove this!) ♥

Mimi said...

You don't need themed paper with an eye like yours! I cannot imagine improving upon this... though I know it's nice to use the hoarded holiday stash!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW!! talk about improvising and getting it ROCKING!!! Seeing Halloween cards in the middle of the year is awesome, I love yours so much, fabulously done, the cat looks so spooky sitting there surrounded by those creepy spiders.
I know what you mean with Christmas cards, I make them regularly for challenges but I think I need to start on Halloween cards now, you just gave me the little nudge I needed, thank you.
Awesome card, love it!!!
Hugs,
Maria.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

WOW!! talk about improvising and getting it ROCKING!!! Seeing Halloween cards in the middle of the year is awesome, I love yours so much, fabulously done, the cat looks so spooky sitting there surrounded by those creepy spiders.
I know what you mean with Christmas cards, I make them regularly for challenges but I think I need to start on Halloween cards now, you just gave me the little nudge I needed, thank you.
Awesome card, love it!!!
Hugs,
Maria.

Tracy said...

Such a great card!!!
I love that you used these colours as opposed to Halloween themed paper, I think it makes the silhouette pop

KT Fit Kitty said...

Love this image from Bugaboo! Gorgeous card, Barb! I've been seeing Halloween cards around due to new releases so you're right on trend! They are starting to put out Halloween merchandise at Dollarama too! It's always so much fun to look at!