Saturday, May 17, 2014

C is for Crap…..Why did I buy that?

At the Sisterhood of the Snarky Stampers the Alphabet soup challenges continue. C is for Crap is challenge #8 and it’s a fun one. You know you have things you bought and once home wondered why you bought it. I have a lot of things I wonder why as well, embellishments, I have hinges, ribbon buckles, metal mesh? and it’s sad I have stamps and dies that have never been used yet. I think I m taking a drawer and putting all of the never been used items in it and bring them out one at a time until I have made something with them.. Well what I used has been tried before but it was a disaster all I did was waste cardstock so when I saw it sitting on the scrapbooking unit I knew I wanted to give it a try again. Here is what I have used…

pdetail_129554571540000000_42-70001

I saw a tutorial on how to make a lattice frame on Becca’s Bits and just had to have  the punch and  it wasn’t as easy as Becca made it look. It made  a 5 1/4 inch square card. Here is how it turned out.

IMG_2152

the lattice was punched in GP white and layered on a 5 1/4 inch base. the image is from House Mouse Designs I really like creating with these cute little guys, they were coloured with copics and the button brads are from my stash.

IMG_2153

Here is the finished inside, the sentiment is from Stampin’up

Thanks for looking today and I hope you find time to find some C is for Crap and join us in the challenge.

8 comments:

Donna said...

WOW Barb!!! You did a FAB job with that punch!! I can never get punches like that to work properly...such a cute baby card!!

Lynn's Place said...

This is amazing...you made it look so easy ...glad you found a site that showed you you could... wonderful card...tfs

Lindsey said...

I, too, have enjoyed spectacular failure rates attempting to turn border punches into frame-makers -- congrats on getting this one to look so perfect! And of course the House Mouse image is adorable. A fine use of crap. :D

Chris Dring said...

This card is absolutely amazing, Barb! Love that lattice border you created! I have some of those border punches also, and they are NOT easy to use, but yours is gorgeous! Way to work that crap like a boss!

Unknown said...

It looks like you were able to make your 'crap' work out just fine for this darling baby card, Barb!! Very playful and sweet! I can see another background with this as a trellis for some climbing greenery! Maybe it's not 'crap' after all? ;) :)

Tracy said...

I have this punch and haven't used it like this! I love this, I am going to give it a go.
Your card is so cute.
I like how the image is framed with the lattice punch :)

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

Some of those MS punches just don't want to work unless they are used with 12 X12 card stock. Your little mice are too cute with their blocks!

Jessi Fogan said...

You already know I love those mice :) ADORABLE! And the inside quote is one of my very favourite baby quotes of all time. So utterly sweet. And kudos to you for plunging back in & making that frame :)