Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Our Little Blue Bug.......

Hello family, friends and followers I hope you are staying safe and distanced in these trying times, I get a lot of time to make cards while at the cottage, I have no problem there being "distanced" from people. My son's birthday is the end of July and this is the card I made for him.


When he was little we had a Cadet Blue VW beetle, he had a car seat that just went over the back seat and had a steering wheel one "gasp" even the car-bed wasn't strapped down, "wow", anyway I'm hoping he remembers our "bug". I die-cut three cars and layered them, added some acetate for the windows, the road is from a black & white 12 X 12 paper pad I found at Dollarama at least 3 years ago I have used a lot of it. Made the oxide sky and added a couple of clouds that were cut out of foam core.


You can see how it is slightly elevated which makes it a mailable card, when glueing the three layers of car together I realized I didn't put the gold headlight in the proper place so I am filling the "headlight" with crystal effects to make it a headlight. (the headlight die cut didn't work out) 


Finished inside with a scrap of cardstock and a favourite sentiment.

Seize the Birthday ~~ #195 Non-neutral card base

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week.




1 comment:

Lindsey said...

This is such a great card, Barb! The blue bug is terrific. I wish there was someone I could ask, because I'd be quite surprised if I had any kind of car seat! Thanks for sharing this at Seize the Birthday!