Saturday, December 7, 2013

Challenge Time at The Drunken Stampers

Team Yellow Canary is back to bring you another challenge, this term it is Person Place or Thing and since it is near Christmas it is Person and the person is Ho Ho Ho …..Santa Claus or anything relating to December Holidays,  Check out all the other Yellow Canaries projects and get the rules by visiting The Drunken Stampers Challenge Blog..
DS153
This week I decided Santa Claus was what I wanted to do for the Person theme. I bought the Santa Collage from Rubber Stampede a long time ago when it was on clearance after the holidays, and every Christmas it gets a work-out. The sketch I used is from one of my favourite sketch blogs, Tuesday Morning Sketches. I stamped the image with versafine Sepia, did a bit of distressing, then I did the Burnished Velvet techique using warm glitter ritz. It’s really sparkly IRL.
IMG_1818
Here is a close up of the sparkle on the image.I’m not sure you can even see how glittery it is.
IMG_1819
Supplies I used:
Image Santa Collage from Rubber Stampede
Card stock..Old olive, Very Vanilla, not sure who the patterned paper is from as the envelope is gone,
Spellbinders oval and opulent ovals Embossing folder from Stampin’up  Some rickrack that I’ve had for at least 6 years. Warm glitter ritz and double sided tape.
Challenge I am entering this in is.
Sketch #227 at Tuesday Morning Sketches
thanks for dropping by today and I hope you will find some time to join us at the Drunken Stampers challenge blog for the Person challenge.

7 comments:

Donna said...

Ohhhh I do love that Santa image!
Love all the elements on your card including the rickrack!!

Lynn's Place said...

Santa truly does look jolly here on this fab card wtg & tfs

Lindsey said...

This is beautiful, Barb! Great image of Santa and the added glitter is so much fun!

Diane said...

Barb- that stamp is gorgeous- I also have it and you have given me another reason to make sure I pull it out every year! Enlarging the photo really shows the shine and the great technique! Love the ric-rac and the embossed strips- great layout for this stamp! Go Yellow Canaries- go!!!!

Debbie said...

Pretty card!! I love the embossing and that rick rack!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Tracy said...

Such a pretty card.
Love that stamp.
I was thinking of using this sketch, as per your snowman card, for my Christmas cards…but decided to make my cards very simple.

Jessi Fogan said...

OH!All that glitter! And I just love that Santa image :) Such great details!