Saturday, January 4, 2014

Bonus Challenge!!! Happy New Year!!!

I hope you have all recuperated from the New Years festivities, I managed to wake up to see the ball drop and then go to bed. I got caught up on some sleep  which was nice. We had an invite for dinner so I didn’t have to cook and oh was it good. Ham and scalloped potatoes so nice after 4 days of turkey. The Drunken Stampers is giving you  a bonus challenge The Tropical Hooters and the Yellow Canaries have teamed together to bring you a Happy New Year challenge, check out the rules at the Challenge blog.
My card is a Stella image from Bugaboo, as is the sentiment, they came as a pair. I coloured with my prismas and OMS.
IMG_1883
I covered the glass with crystal effects, it’s not as easy as Jessi makes it look. The patterned paper is from a Dollar Store, it is heavy and very shiny the picture just doesn’t do it justice. Next the inside sentiment which is a continuation of the one on the front of the card.
IMG_1884
I used a scrap of turquoise and of the patterned paper on the inside, bordered the sentiment in black.
I would like to enter this in the Anything Goes challenge at Catch the Bug challenge blog

Thanks for looking today and I hope you can find some time to join us at the Drunken Stampers for the Happy New Year Challenge.

10 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Love your card! This is one of my favorite Stella images and you did a fantastic job coloring her! Double kudos to you for using crystal effects and for finishing the inside! Woot! Woot!

Donna said...

Fantastic card Barb!! LOL Nothing is as easy as Jessi makes it look but you did a great job!

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

Fun card! I think it looks fabulous. I need some of these ladies, they are a hoot.

Lynn's Place said...

LOL just love it....great job on the whole thing...tfs

Karen Schroeder said...

Stella always says what she means! Love the sentiment! Love your card!

Lindsey said...

I hear you, Barbara -- no one uses gloss quite like Jessi does. :P Still looks great to me, and terrific colouring, too! Fun card for our challenge.

Tracy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful New Years :)
Your card is hilarious!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Many can try to imitate, but few succeed....lol! Just kidding! I think it looks fabulous! My trick for getting into all the tiny spaces is to use a toothpick to push the gloss around rather than using the bottle. I don't know if that helps or not!

Angela said...

LOL. Gotta love Stella...well done! Thank you for playing along with us at Bugaboo!

Stephanie said...


This is very cute...Thanks for playing at the bug this week.