Tuesday, January 28, 2014

It’s time to go Outdoors….we have Cabin Fever!!!

Looking for my Clear it Out Tuesday post? just scroll down or click HERE

Shopping our Stash has a new challenge, we know you have cabin fever from having to stay in and watch the snow fall, at least here in Canada and a lot of the U.S. so we want you to think Outside. Now for your project you can go anywhere with it as long as it is done outside. This challenge was so difficult for me, I had lots of ideas but every day a new one popped into my head  so I’m now down to the wire to get this card made for the challenge, I have been sorting pieces of cardstock and patterned paper into a hanging file folder so when I’m making a card I search there first and I came across a piece of patterned paper and voila I knew what i was going to do. So have a peek at what I came up with.
IMG_1921
The image is one of the light houses from a discontinued set from Stampin’up, I have used these lighthouses so much, this one is Nova Scotia my favourite place there Peggy’s Cove. This one is for you Jessi. the cardstock is GP white, cherry cobbler and the dsp is retired from SU as well. (digging in my stash) I coloured with spectrum noir markers. The knot is made with red and white baker’s twine. Here is what I followed to make the knot. I just use the last two pictures as it was less confusing.
reef knot
Now on to the inside of the card, not sure which of my boys will get this card for their birthday but that’s what I have planned.
IMG_1922
Using the top note again, adding a bit of the patterned paper and some of the baker’s twine to finish it. Just need to find an appropriate sentiment.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you will join our Cabin Fever challenge at Shopping Our Stash.

9 comments:

Jessi Fogan said...

This is SO peggy's cove! I love it there too - especially the signs warning people to stay off the rocks....surrounded by hundreds of people on the rocks, every.dang.time. lol! Absolutely gorgeous red - I love this card, Barb!!

lauren bergold said...

what a gorgeous card, i love the AUTHENTIC reef knot, too, making this GENUINELY nautical... but nice, lol! :) :) :)

Donna said...

Great card Barb! I love Peggy's Cove too! Love how you used the twine!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!! Love it!

Leslie Hanna said...

Super knot! And inside. Okay< I like the whole thing! :) I looove lighthouses. Love.

Lynn's Place said...

Love the light house..always reminds me of summer wtg and tfs

Tracy said...

This is a fun theme for this challenge.
Who doesn't have a bit of cabin fever with this weather.
Great card, and I too love that stamp.

Chris Dring said...

I think I have a picture of us on those rocks! Buahahaha! What a super cool card, Barbara. That stamp is awesome!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

I am really liking your card, the image is so peaceful, the colors beautiful and the name of the red made me laugh….No lie I pulled a cherry cobbler out of the oven about an hour ago! Never made one before, but I have a few gallon size bags of cherries my daughter picked and my sons pitted, so I was looking for something besides pie to make with them. I'll let you know how it tastes!!
Blessings,
Michelle