Tuesday, January 21, 2014

It’s Still January…..We have the Winter Blues

If you are looking for my Clear it Out Tuesday’s post just click HERE.
Shopping Our Stash this week is having the Winter Blues, check out all the rules over at the blog. I don’t know about you but I’m ready for spring, bright colours and sunshine but this week we need to see Winter Blues. This is and easy peasy challenge, just get in your craftroom and start digging for “blue”. Everything I used is from my scrap box, even the base for the easel card was in my scrap box. The stamp I used is from the retired set from Stampin’up called Snow Angels. Of course you don’t have to do a “winter” card just one that is predominately Blue
IMG_1915
I used my Grand Madison Window die for the second time I’ve had it for almost 2 years. The patterned paper is close to three years old. the pack is getting smaller. I added some bling to the snowflakes.
IMG_1916
I dotted stickles on the snow that is the back ground for the image, hope you can see it.
IMG_1917
Close up of the snowflakes I cut with a sizzix long die, and an EK mini snowfalke punch.
IMG_1918
Although there is not and inside to the card, I finished a small section of the back of the easel card to stamp a sentiment.
I'm entering this in the Friends of Speedy TV. make and easel card.
That all I have for today, thanks for stopping by and let me see you dig deep into that stash of yours and create some “Winter Blues” at Shopping Our Stash.

16 comments:

Lynn's Place said...

What a beautiful card...tfs

Unknown said...

Beautiful!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

This is great Barb! I think this is my second favourite winter card you've made this year. :)

Crafty Judith said...

fabulous card hun x

Donna said...

Beauty easel card Barb!!

lauren bergold said...

oh my goodness, what a fabulous card! it's blue, and wintery and i LOVE that fabulous 3D window as well! love it all round! <3

Laura W said...

This is great Barbara!

Leslie Hanna said...

I have the Madison windows (and doors, and shutters, and window boxes *ahem*), and never use the large ones. They ARE great for scenes, though. Hmmm, now I have an idea for another challenge. heh heh

Chris Dring said...

What a gorgeous winter scene you created with your easel card, Barbara! Absolutely amazing!

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness, this card is gorgeous.
I love the colours and that image peeking in the window is adorable.

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the amazing amount of detail on this card, Barb! And what a sweet scene outside the window :) Maybe I'll lock my kids outside in the blizzard today & see if they recreate that, lol!

Janine said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely wintry blue card with us at FOSTV for our easel card challenge. I pulled out my window die this week too - it will appear in a future challenge!



Alica said...

so pretty! Perfect winter card. Love the sparkly bits on the image too!

Chana Malkah said...

So pretty and really embraces the Winter Blue theme. Very nicely done!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Gail said...

What a lovely card - thanks for slippin it by FOSTV this week - have a happy day FOSTV DT Gail

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Lovely winter blues cards, such a sweet design. You go! Using up all that old stash. It feels good doesn't it.