Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Time to Dig Out Those Background Stamps!!!


If you are looking for my Clear it Out Tuesday post, just scroll down or click HERE.
Shopping Our Stash challenge #153 iw Use a Background stamp or make your own. Don’t even look at those pretty paper just ink up that  favourite A2 sized stamp and enter our challenge. Head over to the blog to check out the rules and don’t forget to look at all the great cards the design team have made.
IMG_2164
I have a nice collection of background tamps, I like them because they can be used in many ways, cover a card or just use a strip to accent a card. My favourite is Flora which is a retired stamp from Stampin’up and I’m sure it is the first one I bought. The rose stamp is from Magenta and I picked it up at a yard sale. The ovals were cut with Nellie Snellen ovals.
IMG_2165
Here is a close-up of the pattern, I used Brilliance Victorian purple on a pale mauve cardstock.
IMG_2166
Partially finished inside as I just need a few cards in my stash that can  be used for birthday or get well even sympathy.
Thanks for dropping in today and I hope you can find some crafty time to join in the fun of the Background challenge

8 comments:

Lynn's Place said...

This is gorgeous and yes that background stamp just pops the image...great job...tfs

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous! Love your background stamp - so pretty! The flower stamp is very pretty too - love how it goes outside the oval - great yard sale find! I really like the colours of this card, Barb!

lauren bergold said...

ooooooooooh that background stamp is sooooooo gorgeous & pairs perfectly with your focal image! i love to have some "un-committed" cards, too, that can be filled in as needed, brilliant idea! :)

Leslie Hanna said...

That background stamp looks like patterned paper! Wow!!! Gorgeous card!

Donna said...

Such gorgeous purple-y goodness! Love it! I agree with Leslie, that looks like design paper! Awesome job Barb!

Lindsey said...

Ooh, love that background stamp in the purples! Such a pretty main image, too. And you used up another of those stickers!

Tracy said...

Your card is so pretty.
I love that background stamp, it looks perfect with that mauve card stock

Jessi Fogan said...

Whenever I read that someone found a crafty something awesome at a yard sale I think...why don't I ever find these awesome yard sales?? :) What a score! Love the beautiful purple!