Monday, May 5, 2014

The Embossing Powder Challenge #85 Continues

Welcome to another Monday challenge at The Cheerful Stamp Pad one week is over but you still have another week to join the fun of embossing on your project.  The sponsor is Stamp On It for this challenge.
IMG_2110
This is the card I made for the challenge and for a friend that has had surgery, I’m hoping it cheered her up. I saw the design on one my favourite blogs, Frenchie Stamps and was posted by her friend in Canada. I was so excited as I had everything to make this card. Stamp set from Stampin’up called Secret Garden in hand but the dies that go with it were not where they should have been so after searching for a while I decided to go old school and fussy cut them.  The flowers were stamped on vellum with versamark watermark and embossed in pewter embossing powder then coloured with SU’s in colour markers on the reverse side from the embossing. The crocheted mat was made by Jessi, isn’t it just a beautiful backdrop for the flowers click on her name and check them out she has them for sale. Although you can’t see it very well the strip of turquoise is dry embossed with butterflies.
IMG_2112
Inside of the card before i stamped the sentiment.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my blog today come back again soon you are always welcome.

4 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Love those flower stamps! I couldn't tell that was vellum until you mentioned it. Beautiful card - I am sure it did cheer up your friend.

Lynn's Place said...

And the real thing is awesome...so beautiful...thanks Barb <((><

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh, Barb, this is just so pretty! I love the vellum flowers!! And YAY for not hoarding those mats. Good girl :)

Tracy said...

Your card is beautiful, I am sure it put a smile on your friend's face and cheered her up.