Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Challenge #151….Sing it to Me

If you are looking for my Clear it Out Tuesday post scroll down or click HERE.

Shopping Our Stash this week is Sing it to Me, you make a card inspired by a song. If you are joining in the fun please make note of the song that inspired your card, that way we don’t have to be guessing. Rules on the challenge blog say Happy Birthday is not an option, it’s way too easy.
IMG_2140
I was thinking about what songs could inspire me and while sorting through my House Mouse stamps I saw this one and immediately thought of Raindrops keep falling on my head which is a 1969 song sang by B. J. Thomas. This song was specifically written by Hal David and Burt Bacharach for the 1969 film, .
The embossing folder I used is Floral Fantasy, haven’t use it in ages. I coloured the image with a combination of Spectrum Noir and copics.
IMG_2142..
Just a close up of the little mouse, doesn’t he have a cute little face gotta love the little rodent they are so much fun. You can find a whole collection of them at House Mouse Designs
IMG_2141.
The inside is rather blah, but wait till I get the sentiment and cover up some of the vibrant yellow,
Challenges I’m entering this in:
Gruffies & Guests….ATG with the option of Spring.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you will join in the fun at SOS for the  Sing it to Me challenge. You have until Monday May 19 @ 11.59 p.m. Happy Crafting.

13 comments:

Lynn's Place said...

LOL I can relate to this ever so cute picture....cause its raining hard today....wonderful card...tfs

lauren bergold said...

ok, so the good news is: i finally got "rockin' robin" outta my head... the bad news is: it was replaced by bj thomas. sigh. :) :) :) on the other hand, that house mouse is UBER-cuuuuuuuuuute so it kind of almost balances! :)

Leslie Hanna said...

This is so perfect for that song! Super song, super movie, and I am in awe at your ability to color these cuties!

Chris Dring said...

Brilliant! What a cute image! It goes so well with that song! Love your card, Barbara!

KT Fit Kitty said...

I love this - so cute! Your colouring is beautiful! Love the embossing folder you used too! I remember that song - I would have been 5 hehe but I do remember singing along.

Donna said...

Awesome card Barb! Love that image! Perfect for the song!
You and your house mouse...always makes me smile :D

Lindsey said...

This is adorable, Barb! Perfect image for the song, too.

Tracy said...

Love your song choice and your card is adorable.
this little guys eyes are so cute :)

Jessi Fogan said...

Oh yep, the song is going through my head right now, lol. Forrest GUmp soundtrack, look out, because I'm coming to find you & dust you off! This is totally adorable - you know I love those mousies too :)

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the Gruffies and Guests Challenge this month of “anything goes with the option of Spring”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Gruffies and Guests Challenge Design Team Member)

Lesley said...

Such a sweet image! Lovely card! Thanks for taking part in the Gruffies & Guests Anything Goes with the option of Spring challenge xx

Patti said...

I am loving the soggy mouse and daffy-dils : ) Such a sweet spring card and I love that song too. : )

Sandra H said...

Oh wow this is a truly beautiful creation and many thanks for joining in our challenge over at Gruffies & Guests Challenge "Anything Goes With The Option of Spring" good luck and it would be lovely to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx