Monday, May 26, 2014

Sentiments is the New Challenge at The Cheerful Stamp Pad

Happy Memorial Day to my American friends and followers and Happy Monday to everyone else.
The new challenge at The Cheerful Stamp Pad is to use a Sentiment there is a Guest Designer Spot for the winner of the challenge, It’s a great way to see if you would like to become a member of a design team. I am creating at the cottage this week and I have limited supplies with me so decided to make a very simple Z fold card with the sentiment on the front. I realized while making my card I only brought black and purple ink with me and only the stamps that I thought I could need and what I brought was not enough, I would have loves a flourish or two or my coral ink to make some flowers but I am really pleased on how the card turned out.
IMG_2167
I saw this tutorial on Tracy’s Treasures, she has a video on how she made her Z fold cards.
IMG_2168 
The cardstock is Cameo Coral and the patterned paper is from the Mariposa Matstack from DCWV.I love this pad it has beautiful butterfly papers in it. I cut the ovals with my spellbinders large ovals and the sentiment is from Stampin’up The inside verse is from Hero Arts.
IMG_2169
The finished inside of the card.
I am entering this in Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned paper challenge for May.
Thanks for stopping by today and I hoe you can find some time to join us in A Sentiment challenge at the Cheerful Stamp Pad.
.

7 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

What a lovely card! I really like your butterfly paper and style of this card. Gorgeous sentiments too!

Donna said...

Very nice card Barb! I don't think it needs anything else! I love the bling you added in the corners!

Lynn's Place said...

What a fantastic card...ya did good lady...tfs

Tracy said...

Your card is very pretty.
Such soft colours. You did excellent with limited supplies :)
I have those little tear drop inks in a plastic case, so when I travel, I can fit a lot of colours in there :)
Thanks for the shout out :)

Vicki Romaine said...

Hey Barb,
I sent you some images (7). Let me know if you don't get as I had trouble sending.. Vicki

Vicki Romaine said...

Hey Barb, Send me your email and/or ask Michele or one of the others for a copy of my email with images. I don't know what has happened.
Vicki

Jessi Fogan said...

Totally gorgeous, Barb! I love this with its simplicity - and I can't imagine actually ending up with everything I'd want to use if I had to pack up!