Saturday, May 31, 2014

Challenge #9 R is for Ribbon……

Here is your change to dig real deep and show us at The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers what you can create using ribbon. I was kind of stumped as I altered a coil book using ribbons on the coils and that was the extent of my ribbon brain power, I did manage to put together a cute card.
IMG_2173
My image was a freebie from Lacy Sunshine Challenge blog, when you play one challenge you get the next challenge image free alas I didn’t get it done for that challenge but will try again. I thought her dress looked like ribbons and had planned on putting real ribbons on it but it just didn’t look right. so just added a bow to her hair and the bow of turquoise rope, i like how it frames her. The doily is from a package I bought at a yard sale for 10 cents. I used the MS doily edge punch for the white strip at the bottom.
IMG_2174
Close up of the bow in her hair.
IMG_2175
the inside of the card using a retired sizzix folder from Stampin’up/
You can find the Lacy Sunshine images HERE they are all so cute.
I would like to enter this in the following challenges
Lacy Sunshine Challenge Blog Dies and/or punches. Martha Stewart doily punch.
Thanks for stopping by today and pleas join us at the sisterhood of Snarky Stamper for the R is for Ribbon challenge, you just might win the Queen of Snark badge or maybe one of the princesses,

9 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Aw, a very sweet card! Hope you have a great weekend, Barb!

Donna said...

Super cute card Barb! Love that image and the little bow in her hair is perfect!

Lynn's Place said...

Just love those eyes and all the color...great job...tfs

Jessi Fogan said...

AGAIN WITH THE YARD SALE, you're mocking me now! I have to go all the way into Moncton to find doilies - *sobs* I love the bow in her hair, and that turquoise bow is incredible - it really does frame her gorgeously! Love your colouring too :)

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

Your digi image is very cute! I may have to go over there and check that place out. I love the color too. I've been using lots os turquoise and teal lately.

Tracy said...

Your card is so so pretty :)
I love the teal colour and the cute ribbon you put in her hair :)

Lindsey said...

Amazing colouring, Barbara! I like the way you picked up the colour on the inside, too. such a sweet card!

Chris Dring said...

Beautiful card, Barbara! Your coloring is fabulous, and the colors you chose are perfect! Well done lady!

Karen Schroeder said...

So, so pretty...love the color combo! Your coloring skills rock!